Martin Ochwat is a digital marketing and ecommerce expert. He has built two million-dollar businesses from the ground up, and advises marketing execs at leading companies. Martin enjoys helping people in all aspects of online marketing through the expert industry coverage he provides.
Ecommerce marketing is the practice of driving top-of-funnel traffic to convert into sales and customers. If you are an ecommerce brand you need some ecommerce marketing strategies to obtain new customers as well as entice old customers to keep coming back to your store. Coming up with a list of marketing strategies is pretty easy, but you need to follow specific marketing tactics that not only work but drive the highest level of growth.
E-Commerce sales are growing at an astounding rate.
$3.5 Trillion in global e-Commerce purchases will happen in 2019. This number is only expected to grow by over 17% next year.
Many e-commerce store owners are looking to capture a greater piece of this new economic pie. But how do you achieve more sales and growth?
Digital marketing strategies focus on helping you generate more sales. More important, they can help you develop an emotional connection with your audience, keeping them coming back in the future.
To get started, here are the top 21 untapped marketing strategies every e-Commerce store should follow to gain the trust and loyalty of your followers.
1. Video Blogs: It’s important for your e-Commerce site to provide customers comprehensive knowledge about your products. Video blogging can help engage your audience.
Customers gain insights into products, which help them to make purchasing decisions. Blogging builds trust with your audience. It also keeps them coming back whenever they need to learn more about a product.
2. GIFs: This short-form of entertainment makes a perfect addition to your digital marketing strategies. GIFs are fun, creative, entertaining, expressive and bite-sized. They blend in with other content and showcase a burst of emotions.
3. Podcasts: A podcast is a no-nonsense medium to discuss and share opinions in an open environment. Podcasts bring a different kind of learning experience to play. Hosting events with industry experts or calling in-house experts to share views is a brand-building activity.
It shows the compassion, commitment, and eagerness to share knowledge. Having your own podcast or being featured in one can also help generate additional sales.
4. Infographics: You’ve likely heard a picture is worth a 1000 words. Visual content appeals to audiences. Infographics present data in an accurate way and bring attention to crucial data points. They lend transparency to numbers and makes it far easier to understand than written text. Consider adding infographics to your blog and online content.
5. Contests: Social media is about engaging your audience in a discussion. It can generate opinions and ideas, like focus groups in traditional retail. Contests further provide insightful data which becomes crucial in developing new e-commerce marketing strategies.
6. Polls: Audiences loves polls. You could compare them to crosswords or quizzes. Adding GIFs or photos to go along with answers has brought a new breath of life to polls. Social media is all about experimentation. Your followers like to engage with polls where they can feel like they are connecting with your brand.
7. Live Streaming: Brands should use live streaming to make announcements, product launches or share important milestones. It’s an effective medium to generate awareness and offer authentic, behind-the-scenes access to loyal followers.
8. User-Generated Content: Ask users to share content related to your product or service. Make them engaged members of your extended team. Customers want to feel valued. They enjoy making contributions. The only way to make them a part of your extended team is to have their voice heard. As a bonus, you can even share their content on your official social profiles.
9. Long-Form Blogging: Digital marketing strategies should focus on long-form and short-form blogging. Long-form blogging follows a detailed approach of breaking a single topic into different sub-sections. Then, explaining each one with relevant examples. The best part is you can add infographics, videos, and podcasts to make it more informative.
10. Short-form Blogging: Short-form blogging is like a news alert. Your readers get relevant information in a limited amount of time. Digital marketers utilize short-form blogs to become an authority on a subject and overtime earn higher rankings in search results.
11. Action Camera Content: Who doesn't love adventure? Action camera content (made with cameras like GoPro) is becoming popular among audiences worldwide. It's one of the most untapped digital marketing strategies of 2019. Youtube has many such video examples where pets with action cameras tied to the collars create fun short films.
12. Brand-sponsored videos: Brands have been experimenting with creating short videos centered around their brand philosophy and culture. Such videos help showcase the role their products and services play in their customer's lives.
13. Collaboration with Influencers: Brands can capitalize on the celebrity status of influencers. These social stars often have a massive following. People love to see what they do and how they do it. Brands could use their popularity to reach new audiences and markets. Collaboration is a great way for brands and influencers to work together in the age of social media.
14. Micro Videos: Similar to GIFs, micro-videos (6-15 second clips) are part of many successful digital marketing strategies. Their advantage is micro-videos require less time to create while providing a high level of engagement.
15. Create Groups: Every brand should work on building a unique social identity. They can do this by building a community of people who believe and follow their same philosophy and values. You can create a Facebook group or a similar community to get started. It's another way to show customers you value their opinions.
17. Monitor Social Media Comments diligently: Your brand’s voice is your identity in the online world. Social media offers an opportunity to express this clearly. Your customer support team should check the comment every day (or more) to celebrate the successes and help turn angry customers into happy ones.
18. Connect with Local Brands: Businesses should approach local brands to run marketing campaigns, both online and offline. Local players have a strong foothold in their market. Brands need to adopt innovative measures to stay ahead of their competition. These local promotional campaigns bring new followers and benefit local players with extra publicity.
19. Disruptive Approach to Website Design, Content Creation and Videos: The secret of successful digital marketing is to follow a disruptive approach. Your website, blog, content, videos should encourage people to do one or two things with a level of intensity or passion. The ultimate end goal of marketing strategies is to get people to take action.
20. Organize Live Events: Brands should consider organizing live events. In the media space, the publicity exceeds reputation. Live events are a part of the marketing strategy to generate interest and add character to your brand image.
21. Put Storytelling at the Heart of Communication: Your audience loves to visit sites, social profiles or blogs which tell stories. Your customers aren't only sold on fancy advertisements. It's the story you tell them about your brand that makes a difference in their lives that turns them into loyal followers.
A marketing strategy is a message you share with an audience by believing in them, and the audience returns the favor by putting faith and trust in your brand.
Subscribe to weekly updates
You’ll also receive some of our best posts today