Are you considering using whiteboard animation software to grow your business?
If so, we have the perfect guide for you.
Whiteboard animation software has a variety of practical uses that you can use to strengthen your team and build rapport with customers. With these handy tools, you can easily streamline complicated tasks and dramatically improve engagement, sales, and customer satisfaction.
Before we dive in and check out our top 10 picks, we will define the term whiteboard animation software and share several practical ways these tools can help you find success.
At the end of this post, we will provide a few criteria for choosing a whiteboard animation software that matches your needs.
What are the best whiteboard animation software?
Okay, we’ve defined whiteboard animation software and have shown you some compelling reasons why this strategy works. Now, let’s look at the top 10 best whiteboard animation software.
VideoScribe is the first whiteboard animation software on our list. This tool is best for business leaders who want to create explainer videos and tutorials.
VideoScribe makes it easy for business leaders and marketers to create attractive, engaging whiteboard animations, regardless of their experience. The drag-and-drop builder is one of the best features of this software.
Once you create an animated video, you can plug it into emails, add it to your website, share it on social media, and much more. There are plenty of flexible options, making this tool ideal for businesses that plan on creating many different whiteboard videos.
can use to create a video that’s totally unique to your brand.
- VideoScribe also has a ton of business-specific templates, images, and voiceovers that you
- The drag and drop design makes this tool both intuitive and user-friendly.
- Creators can use their browser or the standalone app to design and publish videos.
- Features 11,000 images, backdrops, gifs, and scenery options.
- Diverse selection of hands, erasers, pointers, and pens means you have more control over the look and feel of your whiteboard animations.
- You cannot monetize your videos if you’re using the free trial.
- There are no options to edit custom voiceover audio in-app.
7-Day free trial, $9.44 per month after or $113.28 annually
Doodly is a premium whiteboard animation software primarily designed for marketers who hope to use engaging video content to reach their target audience.
If you want to quickly create product videos that promote your product and add value to your users’ lives, Doodly is a suitable option.
Depending on the version you purchase, you can get up to 3,959 Character images, 3,341 Prop images, 250 Royalty Free Music Tracks, 40 Video Templates, 70 Fonts, and 84 Scene Templates. All of these options allow you to create fully realized, customized animations.
You can also upload MP3 voiceovers to reinforce your brand personality and connect with potential customers. Another neat feature is the option to change the whiteboard into a blackboard with just one click.
- Simple, yet powerful builder. They boast their process is so easy even the owner’s 7-year old can create videos.
- Import your own audio, fonts, and images. Then, use the drag and drop builder to place them where you want.
- Doodly is a cloud-based software, so you don’t have to worry about it using up your valuable memory and resources.
- Subscriptions come with access to their Facebook group (75,000 users) and a long list of helpful guides and tutorials.
- You cannot get a free trial of Doodly
- You only get less than half of the usable image options, video templates, and royalty free music if you get the standard version.
- Standard - $39 monthly or $120 annually
- Enterprise - $69 monthly or $480 annually
3. Mango Animate
Mango Animate is an easy-to-use animation software with four different tools under their brand, including a tool for building eye-catching whiteboard videos.
Mango Animate is a fully-realized, accessible tool that’s perfect for people who want to create whiteboard animations but don’t know much about coding.
The user-friendly nature of this tool shines in many different ways. For starters, Mango Animate WM has a large selection of pre-made templates that you can use to jumpstart your video. These templates will save you time and energy, especially if you plan on creating a wide variety of whiteboard animations for your business. You can also pull images and animations from their vast catalog, which adds another layer of simplicity to this software.
One of the biggest draws of this tool is it’s incredibly affordable. You can get a lifetime license for less than $40. If you’re considering entering the world of whiteboard animations, Mango Animate WM is an excellent place to start.
- One of the most affordable whiteboard animation tools on the market.
- Accelerate your animation journey and create your first video using the included premade assets and templates.
- Record and edit your voiceover audio in-app.
- Easily export your work and share it wherever you typically engage with your audience.
- The free plan is essential for testing since there’s still a watermark and your access to pre-made assets is extremely limited.
- This tool may be a little too structured for creative-minded people.
Free plan, the lifetime subscription is only $39
Vyond is an animation software that went by the name GoAnimate until 2018. This tool is a well-rounded package that can help business leaders create employee training videos, marketing campaigns, and much more.
Vyond offers a high level of personalization, which is excellent for creative people who want to build custom whiteboard videos. You can easily swap assets in templates, repurpose old graphics in your whiteboard videos, and create something unique to your brand.
Regardless of your experience, this tool is easy to pick up and use. The intuitive design and accessibility features make this an excellent option for leaders who prefer to create things visually instead of relying on coding.
There are also a ton of case uses for this software. On their website, Vyond explains how their software can help with eLearning, human resources, internal documentation, marketing, and sales. The ability to improve all of these different aspects of your company is what makes this software stand out.
- Yvond is one of the most well-rounded tools on our list. You’ll find plenty of resources and features that will help you improve your brand.
- Choose from a library of pre-made characters and assets, or make your own and import it in seconds.
- This software is so easy to use and navigate that it won a top spot on G2s top 50 software in 2022 for design.
- If you purchase anything less than the premium plan, you’re missing out on a significant chunk of features and benefits.
- The pricing structure may not work for large video teams, as only one person can use the tool at a time.
- At the same time, the pricing may be out of range for small business leaders who are looking for their first whiteboard animation software.
- Free two-week trial, with three subscription tiers;
- Essential - $49 monthly or $299 annually*
- Premium - $89 monthly or $649 annually*
- Professional - $159 monthly or $999 annually*
Animatron is an animation software with many exciting and practical uses, including creating engaging whiteboard videos.
Animatron has been around for over a decade, and during that time, they’ve expanded their video animation software substantially.
Whiteboard animations are just a small part of what this tool can do. You’ll be happy to know that it comes out of the box jam-packed with features that you can use to create entertaining explainer videos, tutorials, product demonstrations, and more.
This software allows you to create videos that are accessible to your audience across social media, email, and your website. You can add closed captions, which makes it easy for people to enjoy your content, even if they are watching on a mobile device.
Overall, this software is an excellent pick for people who want to improve their video marketing strategy and reach more potential customers.
- The drag-and-drop builder and guided tutorials make this an excellent whiteboard animation software for beginners.
- Collaborate with other team members and real-time, which can save time and improve the quality of your animations.
- The large scope of tools makes this software appealing to people who want to dive in and create a diverse range of branded video content.
- The free forever plan is extremely limited, and even the pro plan has a few limitations that may hold back ambitious business leaders.
- Some of the pre-loaded assets don’t have a lot of flexibility (IE: not a lot of positions or poses) which can force you to choose a different character or create your own.
- Limited free forever plan
- Pro is $30 monthly or $180 annually
- Business is $60 monthly, or $360 annually
RenderForest is the next software on our list. This diverse tool is excellent for business leaders, regardless of the size of their brand.
RenderForest is a highly diverse software that allows people to create brand logos, whiteboard animations, and even custom websites inside the tool.
Some of the cases used for their video animation software include; explainer animations, product promotions, mobile app promotions, typography, and lead generation. You can do a lot with RenderForest, which is impressive considering the price point.
Each plan has features that will help you do your best work. It’s impressive to see that their smallest paid plan features over 1 million images, scenes, and templates.
However, this may be overshadowed by the other plans having well over 5 million options.
- The range of subscription options means businesses of all sizes can find a version that matches their needs.
- Creators can see suggested music and scenes based on the type of project they are creating. This is excellent for those of us who need a little extra inspiration.
- Comes with over 1 million characters, scenes, and pre-made templates to choose from.
- There is a significant drop-off in value on each plan. For instance, the pro has access to over 1 million templates and characters, while the pro version onward features over 5 million.
- You may not need this tool if you’re only looking for simple whiteboard animation software. This tool is better suited for people who want to use the full suite of tools.
- Free forever plan
- Lite is $16.99 monthly or $120 annually
- Pro is $29.99 monthly or $240 annually
- Business plan follows the pro plan pricing but includes more features and is on a “per seat” basis
Animaker is a video software that boasts it is the Swiss army knife of creativity.
Animaker is an excellent video editing and creation software. Business leaders and marketers across all industries can find value in this tool. Out of the box, there are five different video styles to choose from: whiteboard, glassboard, stitchboard, blackboard, and notepad.
You can quickly and easily create custom characters with unique features to tell your story or market your next product. It’s also possible to save the characters you make for future content.
One of the most talked about features is the ability to lip-sync your video with your characters. The result is a smooth and engaging experience that will help you get more value from your brand videos.
There are plenty of different plans to choose from too. You can easily select the version that matches your needs.
- Animaker is an excellent tool for new video marketers and seasoned professionals.
- Includes over 50 voiceovers in over 25 languages
- You can use tons of customizable templates to create your first animation in 10 minutes.
- Extensive library of animated characters, properties, BGs, icons, images, and video templates.
- There are not a lot of options to create a video from scratch. Instead, you have to rely heavily on the templates.
- As a result, the free and basic plans are extremely limited if you want to create a bunch of different whiteboard animations.
- Free for life plan
- Basic is $20 monthly or $120 annually
- Starter is $35 monthly or $228 annually
- Pro is $78 monthly or $588 annually
PowToon is a video animation software that’s seen heavy praise from first-time video marketers and established industry experts.
PowToon is best for new marketers who want to quickly and easily create whiteboard animations for their customers and employees.
The simple interface and access to how-to videos and written guides make this a top pick for users who want to master the art of creating conversion-worthy, impactful videos.
They have a list of different subscriptions available so content creators can find the version that matches their needs. It’s worth mentioning that the Pro+ plan has features and benefits that are suited to growing businesses. You may want to avoid the limited free and pro versions if you want to consistently create video content for your brand.
- PowToon features a lot of notable integrations, like HubSpot, Microsoft Teams, and Canva, which makes it easy to transfer and distribute your work.
- ISO certified cloud security means you can rest easy knowing all your hard work is safe and secure.
- User-friendly design, detailed tutorials, custom templates, and access to a library of royalty-free music means you can quickly and easily create your next whiteboard animation video.
- The cost of paying monthly is much more when compared to similar tools. This isn’t good for people who want to try PowToon before committing to an annual subscription.
- Even the Pro version of the software may not have enough to meet the needs of ambitious creators.
- Free for life
- Pro is $89 monthly or $240 annually
- Pro+ is $196 monthly or $996 annually
9. Adobe Animate CC
Adobe Animate is one of the most well-known products on our list. This video animation software is widely used in education, product marketing, and employee training.
Adobe Animate is a well-rounded tool that can help you create engaging, interactive animations. Out of the box, this software comes with a massive selection of templates, brushes, and transformation options.
One of the best features of this animation software is you can change the path your drawing takes based on how users engage with the clip. For instance, you can have someone miss a basketball shot repeatedly until the user hovers over the video with their mouse.
You can use the vast pool of features to drive clicks and engagement on your website and social media.
The biggest issue worth mentioning is the pricing may be out of range for businesses that need multiple licenses.
- Flexible and fluid design options make this one of the most diverse and useful animation software on the market.
- Easily export your videos to look great on desktop, mobile, and TV.
- Animate is one of many Adobe tools. Their personalized plans mean you can buy exactly what you need.
- Create interesting eLearning content which you can use to promote your brand.
- The short trial may not be enough time to determine if Adobe Animate will work for your needs.
- The pricing is steep if you have a big video team and need to buy multiple licenses.
- Adobe has a learning curve, which makes it a little less user-friendly when compared to other options.
Free 7-day trial, $35.99 monthly or $431.88 annually per license after
10. Simple Show
SimpleShow is the last whiteboard animation software on our list. This video tool is used and trusted by big-name brands like T-Mobile, Mcdonald’s, eBay, and Microsoft.
SimpleShow is, first and foremost, a tutorial and training video creation tool. Brand leaders can use SimpleShow to create internal training documentation and teach customers how to get more value from their products.
The stand-out feature is this software is powered by AI. Their system can help you create videos based on past experiences with you and other creators. The folks at SimpleShow call this their explainer engine.
Essentially, it can give suggestions, create videos from text, and give you a list of words to emphasize your points. The AI constantly learns based on how you respond, which will help you make consistent, actionable whiteboard videos.
- The AI is extremely helpful once it figures out what type of whiteboard videos you want to create. Features like the text-to-video make this tool truly stand out from the competition.
- SimpleShow is an excellent option for people who are new to explainer videos and want guidance.
- You can create marketing videos, presentation slideshows, internal training videos, and much more.
- AI is constantly evolving. You may need to work with this tool for a while because you see consistently relevant suggestions
- The price point is a little high for small business owners who want to create a couple of branded explainer videos.
- Create one video for free
- Business plan is $129 monthly or $948 annually
- Pro plan is $499 monthly or $4,788 annually
What is whiteboard animation software?
Let’s start by answering the question, “What is whiteboard animation software?”
Whiteboard animation software is a marketing, training and customer education tool that allows business owners and team managers to create engaging video content. The general idea is there are a series of static images drawn on-screen with a narrator telling a story or explaining a concept.
Here’s an example so you can see what we mean:
The crisp, clean style is distraction-free to keep people engaged, show off your product or service, and more. Unsurprisingly, business leaders across all industries have turned to this strategy.
It’s also worth mentioning that whiteboard drawings are incredibly flexible. You can quickly and effectively create eye-catching campaigns across most marketing platforms.
What are the benefits of whiteboard animation software?
Now that you better understand whiteboard animation software, let’s look at some of the noteworthy benefits of implementing this strategy.
1. Build on your video marketing strategy
Video marketing has grown exponentially in popularity over the last several years, so it’s not surprising to see that more people use whiteboard animation software to reach customers and prospects.
Here are a few video marketing statistics so you can see a few benefits of this strategy:
- 87% of marketing leaders say video content improved their traffic.
- 94% of business owners claim video has helped increase their audience’s understanding of their product.
- 86% of marketers say video directly contributed to their lead generation efforts.
- The average person watches 100 minutes of video content daily.
- Over 1.9 billion people use YouTube, which makes this platform an excellent content distribution option.
You can reap many of these benefits by consistently creating engaging, entertaining, and value-packed whiteboard animations.
2. Teach customers to use your products
Whiteboard animation software can also act as a highly effective customer education tool.
Let’s say your product is software as a service (SaaS), and you want to give customers a smoother experience. Instead of letting them open up your tool without any meaningful guidance, they can go through a series of whiteboard animations that teach them how to get the most from your software.
Not only will taking this step to reduce your churn rate, but it also helps build brand loyalty. People are always more willing to engage with brands that go out of their way to make sure their customers have everything they need to succeed.
You can also upload tutorials to websites like YouTube. If a prospect is wondering whether your product is worth their time, they may search the second largest search engine in the world for guides on your product or service. For context, users are 3x more likely to look for a video tutorial as opposed to reading text-based documentation.
You can use whiteboard animations to make virtually any customer experience more memorable and engaging.
3. Build hype around other campaigns
Another clever way to use whiteboard animation software is to build hype around another campaign, like a product release or event. You’re likely familiar with the concept of a coming soon page. This benefit follows the same idea but allows for more flexible scaling.
Instead of simply creating an isolated landing page to promote your brand, you can use whiteboard animations to captivate your audience across your website and social media.
For example, let’s say you have an upcoming live webinar scheduled. If you want to generate more signups and get people excited, you have to do a little marketing.
An animated whiteboard drawing can help you connect with potential attendees and bring more attention to your brand. You can even add a call-to-action to the end of the video that asks users to sign up and secure their spot.
4. Boost brand awareness
Generally speaking, whiteboard animations can help you boost brand awareness and connect with people who’ve never heard of your company.
Did you know that 59% of people turn to social media when they are thinking about making a purchase? If your content is out there for users to find, there’s a good chance you’ll catch the attention of potential customers. If you win them over with an entertaining and engaging whiteboard animation, there’s an excellent chance they will visit your website.
Another factor you should consider is that whiteboard drawings are easy to consume, regardless of the device the person uses. Over 52% of all internet traffic comes from mobile devices; it’s easy to see why this is important. Many smartphone users are more willing to explore a brand when they can watch videos instead of reading walls of text.
A few well-placed whiteboard animations on social media and your website can draw new people through the top of your sales funnel and eventually result in them becoming customers.
5. Onboard and cross-train employees
Whiteboard software can also help your business internally by allowing you to streamline the onboarding and cross-training processes.
Many business leaders choose to include animations in their training process for the same reason they use this software to attract customers; whiteboard software helps them simplify ideas and share information without overwhelming the viewer.
For instance, these videos are an excellent way to explain the position and how the employees’ work ultimately affects customers. A simple illustration can highlight these points and help your new hire feel comfortable in their role.
How to choose the best whiteboard animation software
Now that we’ve looked at a wide range of whiteboard animation software, it’s time to discuss choosing a tool for your business. There are several factors worth considering before you spend your money.
- Functionality - What do you need your animation software to do? If you want to create multiple types of videos, invest in a tool that matches your preferences.
- Scalability - How well will your pick scale with your business? If your video team grows, will you need to buy additional licenses?
- Affordability - How much money are you willing to spend on whiteboard software? In some cases, you may need a limited subscription; in other cases, you may need a full-fledged video creator.
- Usage - Some premium software does not allow you to monetize your work. If you want to sell online classes or otherwise make a direct income from your work, choose software that allows you to do so.
- Accessibility - Are you experienced in creating whiteboard videos? If not, you may want to select a tool that doesn’t require coding or extensive video editing knowledge.
- Support access - We suggest looking for software that has a 24/7 customer support option.
- Community - You may also want to look for software that comes with community features, like access to social media groups and forums. You can engage with other creators and develop clever ideas for your next video.
Final thoughts: Which whiteboard animation software should you pick?
There we have it! Whiteboard animation software is a valuable tool that business leaders can use to educate and entertain their customers and employees. Ultimately, you’ll want to choose a tool that helps you reach your business goals.
A tool like SimpleShow or Doodly may be perfect for someone who wants to create a few simple explainer videos. However, people who want a full-fledged video creator and editor may want to turn to a tool like Adobe.
There is no “correct” answer. Each of the tools listed here today is right for somebody. You have to examine the pros and cons and decide based on your industry, experience, needs, and budget.