Landing pages are a key part of any online business. High converting landing page ensures your website to convert leads. Know how you can demystify the process and unleash your landing page from this article.
Digital marketing is a crucial process for any business these days. With almost all consumers tethered to their phones, the best way to reach your target audience is to cultivate a strong online presence on their platforms of choice.
An excellent way to attract potential customers to visit your site is to run a sponsored ad on popular social media channels, like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube. A typical digital advertisement would showcase a link to your website, leading web users to a landing page where you can market to them directly.
A landing page is an independent web page created for a specific marketing or advertising strategy. It’s not part of a subcategory of your website’s major sections, such as the Home, About Us, Contact Us, and product pages. Its primary purpose is to keep count of the number of clicks to your campaign and to nurture the interest of the web visitors who click on your link.
It’s crucial to create an effective landing page to increase sales for your company. Consumers have already expressed interest or a need for your products and services by noticing your ad and clicking on your link, so it would be a shame to lose the opportunity to market your merchandise to them because of a poorly performing landing page.
Improve the chances of conversion by building a high-converting landing page with these five tools:
The primary factor in an effective landing page is a contact form. This part of the landing page can be embedded in the content body. It can also be a pop-up, which shows up right when the page loads or after you’ve scrolled past a few lines.
You may have already seen fillable fields on websites first-hand, where you are encouraged to share your name and email address to sign up for a company’s program or newsletter. Usually, there’s an added motivation to get a freebie or exclusive discount in exchange for your personal information.
Sometimes, the form is more complex than an email signup form. You may have also filled up surveys, where you provide more details, ranging from your style preferences to annual income.
Because of the prevalence of this format, you need to be creative when encouraging potential customers to answer your forms. A tool can help you maximize this part of your landing page.
Follow these form creation tips:
- Few Is Best - If the objective of your landing page is to boost the number of newsletter subscriptions, you only really need a prospect’s email address. Think hard about the details that you’ll be requiring from web visitors and make sure that you stick to asking for crucial information only.
- Mind Readability - Consider the design, font type and size, colors, and alignment you’ll employ for your contact form. You want your target audience to completely fill up the fields. You must ensure they can read and understand your call-to-action (CTA) to facilitate this process.
- Arrange The Fields Wisely - The order of your questions must start with the easiest, such as asking for their names and email addresses, to the more complex, like their credit card numbers for their billing. If people are met with difficult fields they can’t answer off-hand, they’ll get discouraged and abandon your landing page altogether.
- Know What Not To Ask - Regarding credit card numbers, you should ask for this detail only for billing purposes. Be transparent with your customers and assure them you’ll keep this information confidential. The same goes for phone numbers. If you don’t need the web visitor’s mobile number for your campaign, you can skip asking for it.
- Add Progress Bars - For long forms, incorporate a progress bar that shows how many more questions are left. This can boost the chances that customers will complete the questionnaire.
2. Email Marketing Software
While email might be one of the earliest tools for reaching consumers electronically, it continues to be a valuable tool for digital marketers because of the fact that people still use it for their personal or work correspondence. However, similar to contact forms, this resource is widely used, meaning you have to step up your email marketing game to capture the attention of your target audience.
After collecting web visitors’ information, you can use tools like Mailchimp, SendFox, and HubSpot to email your prospects. These apps are equipped with additional features that enable you to do more than just distribute emails en masse.
They typically have a message automation function, which sends out an email as a response to a specific action or according to a set of pre-configured rules. For instance, your email marketing software must automatically and immediately send a welcome email to a web visitor who has recently signed up for your membership program.
With this, you get to verify their email address and further nurture their interest in your brand. Moreover, if the user couldn’t click on the confirmation link, the program can be set to send a follow-up 48 hours later.
A must-have feature that you should look for when choosing email marketing software is advanced list maintenance. It provides more usability than adding and removing email addresses from a list.
This feature makes sending newsletters and other advertising materials more convenient by automatically removing invalid email addresses called hard bounces. There are also soft bounces, which should be erased from the list after a few delivery failures.
Additionally, this smart function considers opt-outs and subscription modifications are done by the customer to make everything fully automated.
One of the secrets to optimizing your landing page is to create an eye-catching design that attracts and retains the attention of your target audience. You must think hard about the look of your landing page, from the layout to the navigation. You have to ensure that each element works together to accomplish the objective you set for that campaign.
Creating beautiful imagery and visuals for your landing page is no longer difficult. Apps like Canva and Adobe Spark allow almost anyone to design attention-grabbing graphics with their user-friendly features and functions. Plus, they also have templates that make your life much easier.
Keep in mind these design tips for a high-converting landing page:
- Think About Your Customers - You should know your target audience’s preferences and incorporate some trends while blending them well with your brand’s image. If you aim to catch younger consumers' interest, you can make your landing pages colorful. On the other hand, for adults, especially in the professional sector, you should tone it down a bit and go for a minimalistic approach.
- Use High-Resolution Images - You don’t want to put off potential customers with a pixelated background, so make sure that you choose high-resolution images for your landing page. This way, the page would look good and readable regardless of the screen size your web visitor is viewing.
- Balance The White Space - Having a balance of text and white space doesn’t just give off a clean look for your landing page. It also enhances readability and comprehension, which increases the probability that your target audience would be able to clearly understand and follow your CTA.
- Choose Fonts Carefully -The font type and size you’ll use for your landing page also significantly make your CTA more readable and effective. For instance, if seniors are your target audience, you must stick to serif or sans serif typefaces instead of cursive ones.
- Guide The Eye Discreetly - Draw the eye of web visitors by designing your landing page sensibly or logically. It means that you must display the content according to importance. For example, you may print your CTA in big, bold letters, which is a subtle cue to readers that it’s the most important part of the page and that they should take notice of its message.
4. Copy Quality Checker
A copy includes words that entice consumers to purchase a brand’s products and services. Your CTA is an excellent example of a copy that significantly converts web visitors into paying customers.
While the layout and design of your landing page are vital to your digital marketing campaigns, you should also pay attention to how you formulate your copy. A poorly-worded CTA can harm your efforts and actually discourage potential clients from giving your company a chance.
With consumers getting bombarded by advertisements left and right, you need a tool to ensure that your CTAs and other written materials are compelling enough to attract your prospects.
Copytesting is a website that offers a copy quality checking service. It lets you know how your target audience perceives your message before it goes live. The site even allows you to change what you’ve already published by highlighting which section of your landing page needs improvement regarding conversions.
This type of tool provides valuable insights into the words your target demographic perceives as favorable and reliable. With this, you can increase the chances they’ll engage with your brand and follow your CTA wholeheartedly.
To improve your copywriting skills, you can rely on tried-and-tested formulas. One such approach involves presenting the problem, providing the advantages of solving it, offering evidence that your product or service can alleviate the issue, and giving readers a choice through the CTA.
For instance, your company sells dishwashing liquid. A significant problem in the kitchen is completely removing grease from pots and pans. Obviously, the primary benefit of solving this issue is that you’d have squeaky-clean kitchenware.
Afterward, you prove that your product is potent enough to remove oil from your cookware. You can do this by listing how your ingredients eliminate grease or incorporating authentic customer testimonials into your copy.
For your CTA, you can have them sign up as a member in exchange for a free sample of your merchandise. Then, you can run your copy in a quality checker to ensure its efficacy.
Having a testing tool is also crucial when building a high-converting landing page. You must know whether your content would click with your target audience. To do this, you must evaluate the elements and how they work together for your specific goal.
You may have to choose between an A/B or multivariate test when discussing conversions. The former entails comparing one modification against another. The element can range from an entire headline to testing two colors for your signup button. The change that emerges victorious against the other factor would, then, be tested against another one. This goes on until you’re sure of the ultimate winner, so to speak.
For multivariate testing, you must assess various elements on the same landing page. You can think of this process as several A/B tests running simultaneously. It’s ideal if you’re pressed for time on your campaign schedule.
However, multivariate testing might not be the best option if you want to see a clear winner from the different factors on your web page. This is because it only gives you a broad idea of the modifications that worked and those that didn’t.
A high-converting landing page is a valuable element in your digital marketing efforts. To create one, you should invest in the right tools to ensure the efficacy of your campaigns.
First, you need a contact form creation tool that can help you maximize the fields on your landing page. Remember, however, that you should only ask for the information that you need for your campaign so as not to put off potential customers from giving you their personal details.
Next, you’ll need email marketing software to automate sending welcome notes and follow-ups to your subscribers. Design is also essential, so you should use tools that help you create beautiful imagery for your landing page.
A copy quality checker is another must-have tool for any digital marketer. This way, you can ensure that the words written on your landing page will have the desired impact on consumers. Lastly, you must test the elements against each other, so look for a tool that provides this function.
Subscribe to weekly updates
You’ll also receive some of our best posts today