Dileep Thekkethil, who was formerly with a US-based online magazine, is the SEO content and guest posting service specialist at Stan Ventures. He is a frequent blogger who keeps a tab on the latest updates in the SEO and technology arena.
An SEO strategy is vital to generate organic, qualified leads to your website. By understanding your target market and creating a strategic, data-driven SEO plan, you are able to more effectively market your website.
For any business, whether big or small, the biggest challenge is to make sure that when customers try to search for a product or service similar to theirs, they land on the particular company’s page and not their competitors.
However, in today’s day and age, there is a lot of misinformation that gets passed around in the name of SEO tips and tricks. Somehow, every other person seems to consider himself an “SEO expert” without having proper knowledge of the subject matter.
But even before a company jumps on to the SEO bandwagon, the first and foremost thing that they need to champion is their content. After all, content doesn’t get called a ‘king’ for nothing. A quality blog post can actually go a long way in locating your customers by increasing website traffic.
The beauty of blog posts is that they can be written about any topic, be it SEO, SEO Content Writing, brand awareness, sales, or even throwing free offers to your audience. However, getting quality results takes time and effort, so simply writing good content won’t be enough.
Good content, coupled with a thriving SEO strategy is your only way out if you are looking to improve your traffic numbers. It’ll gradually lead to improved website ranking, enhanced content credibility, and much more.
1. What is an SEO Strategy?
An SEO strategy or a Search Engine Optimization approach is nothing but the process of planning, outlining, and implementing ways that are particularly designed to improve rankings on SERPs.
Simply put, an SEO strategy is what a company needs to follow if they want to see an increase in their organic traffic numbers. The main components of a good SEO strategy will always include technical SEO, on-page optimization, and link building.
2. How do you approach an SEO strategy?
When creating a fruitful SEO strategy in 2020 for your business, there are a few key areas that digital marketing professionals need to focus on to drive better and faster results. Some of these crucial areas are:
- Keyword research
- Meta descriptions
- Descriptive URLs
- Good UI/UX
- Structured data markup
- Content Optimization
- Strong CTAs (Call To Action)
3. Increase your Organic Traffic with an effective SEO strategy in 2020
As a digital marketer, you already know that search engines do not make even a penny for the organic clicks that a particular website manages to garner. Therefore, their main focus is to stay as relevant as possible at all times, satisfactorily answer a user’s search query, and make sure that people keep coming back to their platform organically.
With its key focus areas already set, search engines like Google have algorithms in place which find relevant sites for any particular search query with the help of these particular points: technical SEO, content optimization, and link building.
4. Technical SEO
For any user to stay and surf your website, and for any search engine to consider ranking you on the top spots on their SERP, your technical SEO has to be rock solid. Making sure that your company’s website has a clean code, optimized tags and pages, proper sitemaps and indentations, etc, is crucial for a search engine to read your site properly.
A decent page speed is also very important because it helps avoid any impatient bounces from your site; something that most search engines recognize as a red flag. Furthermore, tactics like keyword stuffing also no longer work, so make sure you follow the basics of SEO correctly to build any sort of organic visibility.
5. Content Optimization
It is extremely crucial for any and every online business to have relevant and user-friendly content on their site. A successful SEO content strategy ensures that websites put up content specifically catering to users and their interests.
With search engines getting smarter with every single algorithm update, it has become all the more easy to recognize unnatural-sounding text or manipulative duplication. Such metrics can adversely affect your business, so make sure to emphasize on writing compelling, useful, unique content for your target audience to have a solid SEO in 2020.
6. Link Building
Link building, considered to be the most misunderstood part of SEO, is also one of the most critical components of a successful SEO strategy. It’s true that search engines inspect the links pointing towards your website to understand your integrity and popularity in the industry.
However, they also prefer quality over quantity. Just like content, even your backlinks have to be relevant, else you’ll lose major points from search engines. Therefore, to make sure that your website doesn’t get flagged, try earning links instead of simply building them.
An excellent way to do so would be to leverage your social media channels to share all kinds of relevant content, include infographics in your email marketing strategies, and so on. Moreover, ensure that your internal linking makes sense to funnel that equity to the right pages. If you see any broken pages, make sure that the receiving links are properly redirected.
7. What procedure do I follow for increased web traffic?
Gone are the days when mindless SEO techniques and spending a fortune on pay-per-click advertisements used to generate large volumes of organic traffic for a business. Now, it is possible to get a surge in your traffic numbers by simply putting in your valuable time.
Here you have some of the simple steps that a business can follow to ensure more traffic with fewer spends organically.
● Optimize for the user, not the search engine: Having a clear buyer’s persona while generating content is the primary necessity for any online business. If you create quality and educational content that directly resonates with your readers, it’ll automatically improve your on-page SEO. Optimizing for search engines is almost useless, so make sure you please your customers first and see how search engines get impressed with your endeavors.
● Get your meta in control: The URL, meta title and description are the main ingredients of any well-optimized webpage. While all on-page optimizations are crucial, meta titles and descriptions are of utmost importance because they help search engines understand what your business is all about.
● Use internal links: Once you have a decent catalog of content, you can link to it in all the future blogs you write or even on your website, guiding potential users to your high-quality and relevant content. This helps to maintain a good retention time from users staying and surfing your webpages, and plays a heavy role in deciding your SERP rankings.
● Be a little self-obsessed: Just because you’re making your website clean of unwanted links doesn’t mean it's wrong to blow your own trumpet every once in a while. Link your content back to yourself through your personal blog, social channels like Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Pinterest, etc. However, make sure you don’t spam. Once Google sees users spending time on your content, it acts as a clear indication that your content is useful and relevant.
● Successful link reclamations: This strategy usually benefits big companies more than small businesses. But still, it is a good step to take towards increasing your organic traffic numbers. Link reclamation refers to the tactic of finding when a particular individual, brand, product or service has mentioned your business without linking back to you. Getting in touch with them and requesting them to link back to your site helps in getting quality backlinks from relevant sites without any additional costs.
● Boost your underperforming content: For most sites, a large chunk of their organic web traffic comes from a significantly tiny percentage of the total existing content on the site. Although this comes with a lot of opportunities, many professionals fail to recognize it as an effective SEO marketing strategy. When you have a bunch of content that gets ranked on the 2nd or 3rd page of SERPs, they make for some great low hanging fruit in SEO terms.
Now that you have a list of necessary steps to take for a successful SEO strategy, you can easily find your way towards achieving your primary goal: increased organic web traffic. Remember that the only way to rank on SERPs and increase traffic on your website is to give the user what he/she wants, in the form of quality advice, information and insight.
It is always best to start with the quick win opportunities, like the removal of unnecessary keywords stuffed in relevant content, content audits, and link reclamations. Once there, you can eventually build on those strategies to scale up for long term organic traffic increases.
Once you implement these tips into your own marketing and content creation efforts, you will definitely be able to see continued success.
On a side note, I would personally recommend that just by implementing the above-mentioned steps into your ongoing SEO efforts, you can surely improve the overall website performance and keyword rankings in SERPs as well.
Subscribe to weekly updates
You’ll also receive some of our best posts today