Chatbots help businesses deliver awesome customer support. And the best way to know which is the best chatbot software is by knowing what the customers have to say.
In this blog, we have listed the best chatbot software that customers have rated so far…
But before that let's talk about the different types of chatbots first.
Types of Chatbot software
Chatbots could be popularly categorized based on the level of complexity and the quality of user experience. Our list of best chatbot software covers them all.
- Button-based Chatbots
These chatbots only reply to a set of predefined questions. The user has to select a response from a group of reactions that continues an almost-similar conversation.
Source: Zomato Chat
- Keyword-based Chatbots
Keyword-based (NLP) chatbots learn from the characters and words a user puts into the chat and run these entire words through their database to find the most relevant answer. These types of chatbots are popular with companies using Facebook Messenger as their preferred chatbot.
- AI-driven, conversational Chatbots
These chatbots are the most advanced and informative conversational bots. Since AI runs them, they integrate it with Machine Learning to understand meaningful information from the previous conversations and provide even better responses every time a user interacts with them.
Here's an example of how Acquire's AI-driven, conversational chatbot greets customers. Greeting people by their names makes the digital customer experience all too humane! Doesn't it?
What is THE best chatbot software?
Besides being a great navigation assistant, chatbots are very diverse and automated to perform various businesses' tasks.
Chatbots can be coded in such a way that they perform most of the crucial tasks for a business without supervision.
The best kind of chatbot would help a business in the following verticals:
- Lead Generation
- Link building
- Present discounts and offers
- And, of course, customer support
Chatbots are potent and versatile. Choosing the right chatbot software depends on the need of the company. Chatbots can do wonders for all types and sizes of business across industries. Therefore we have curated a list of the best chatbot for small businesses as well as big enterprises.
Top 10 best Chatbots Customers have Rated So Far
Tidio provides a holistic, proactive chat solution for your website that uses chatbots and live chat software. With Tidio, it is easy to communicate with your visitors in real-time, capture leads, and create tailored offers for your customers-to-be.
Tidio makes it to our list of best chatbot software as it can be integrated with some of the most popular eCommerce platforms,
including BigCommerce, Magento, and Shopify, and combined with third-party apps via Zapier. Tidio makes interaction with website visitors easy and enjoyable.
- Huge Free chatbots templates library
- Allows translations in multiple languages
- Advanced NLP technology
- Great reporting and customizing features
- Easy to customize for branding purposes
- Free version itself provides good value and experience
- Unable to view messages from more than one website in one window
- When a user leaves your page and an operator responds the user will not be notified.
- Integrations are all manual, which means. You have to reopen all conversations, open the user profile, press the preferences and send the log to the integration.
Tidio has several plans depending on the tools you want to buy and your business type. Apart from some free features, the prices range from $10 to $18 per month.
Another chatbot to find its place in the list of best chatbot tools is ManyChat. It is a Facebook Messenger chatbot builder, which makes it one of the best chatbots to buy. It also allows businesses to have a wider reach and more powerful retargeting options on the Facebook platform.
Since Facebook Messenger is a popular messenger, it is smart to retarget and connect with people on Facebook. This chatbot also comes with an easy drag and drop interface that makes it super convenient to set it up as a chatbot messenger for your Facebook business page. It will help you automatically welcome new users, guide them about products, schedule messages with them, and give a personalized experience, among other things.
- Easy DIY Drag-and-drop bot builder
- Automate workflows as per need
- Categorize and Tag subscribers
- Intuitive UI and easy to understand features
- You can tag and identify the users
- Allows to create of different funnels based on individual needs
- You can trigger different messages to different audiences
- In some instances the funnel won't trigger
- It can get difficult to extract the data that was saved
- The paid plan is not affordable for all business sizes
It has free plans and a paid plan of $10 per month.
Want your landing pages to be more exciting and dynamic? Are you bored with traditional landing pages? If yes, then TARS is the solution for you.
If you wish to replace your landing pages with a conventional, convincing chatbot, TARS is an ideal option for you.
With an easy conversational bot, generating leads is now easier than ever.
This chatbot is even optimized to adjust according to the template/theme of your website. Not only that, but it could even be integrated with Google Analytics, Facebook Pixel, and even Google Ads and ultimately helps you increase your ROI as well.
- 500+ amazing templates
- Conventional landing page replacement
- Could be integrated with tracking tools
- Easily customizable
- You can build and launch your first chatbot on your website in only 2 hours from signup
- The support and development team are responsive and helpful.
- New features are constantly releasing
- Not many options of customizing the aesthetics according to branding is present
- The Bot Canvas has the tendency to not work optimally while building complex chatbots
- Basic development skills are required if to integrate other API in the chatbot
- At times bots will take a while to load, especially when they’re embedded on a different landing pages
TARS has several plans and costs from $83.25/month and billed annually. While there's no free plan, there is a 14-day trial a customer can take.
Acquire's chatbots are the most potent of the lot, thanks to their super-intuitive nature, ease of deployment, and use. Acquire's conversational chatbots can help you provide a tailored customer experience for your customers and prospects leveraging Natural Language Processing.
Its plug-and-play simplicity helps you easily integrate with your knowledge-base without any coding required. You can also create your chatbot by integrating with popular chatbot platforms like Dialog Flow, IBM Watson, and Azure QnA.
Acquire's Unified View dashboard allows your sales and support team to have a hawk-eye view of the entire customer journey across channels, all in one place.
- Leverages NLP and AI to provide tailored experience and automation
- Automatically routes to the agent to face complex queries
- Rich analytics function to tweak performance by measuring different KPIs
- Uses NLP and conversational AI to understand customers better give tailored experiences
- Automatically detects FAQs which helps you create automatic responses for the same
- Build your own chatbots Acquire or integrate easily with other chatbot platforms like IBM Watson, Dialog Flow, and Azure QnA
- Rarely some delays in video
- Need more alternative to chatbot notification sounds
Book a demo to know more about prices.
SmartLoop made it to our list of best chatbot software because it is one of the finest chatbots out there due to the integration of AI and Machine Learning. This chatbot not only captures leads for you but even converts them for you.
Since SmartLoop is run by Machine Learning, it automatically understands the context of the user's conversations to provide a better experience.
The automated messaging engine also helps a great deal to create textual sequences or to re-engage any of the cold leads.
Overall if your business wants to rely on a chatbot that could take care of your lead generation and conversion tasks for you, SmartLoop is the best choice you could make.
- Comes with conversation analytics
- Driven by AI, it provides a better user experience.
- Message Broadcasting
- Easy to setup no prior knowledge of coding required
- Uses conversational AI to cater to visitors and customers based on their interests
- Automated messages to efficiently retarget and cold leads, or upsell to existing customers
- It only works on those platforms with Facebook Messenger
- The pricing becomes costly after you cross 1K subscribers
SmartLoop will cost you $10/month. However, there's also a free plan with limited features.
Ada is another AI-powered chatbot that gives tailored responses based on the customer's input, responses, and recommendations, making it one of the best chatbot software available.
This chatbot is simple, gives straightforward responses, and also has the ability to escalate the conversation to a live agent.
Ada could also be integrated with your team calendar to schedule appointments and bookings, respectively. The customer feedback forms make it learn from its previous conversations and responses to provide better answers the next time.
- You can have separate chatbots for different departments
- Responses can be customized to make them sound natural
- Supports up to 100 languages
You need to book a demo to find out how much Ada will cost you.
If your business owns multiple websites, and each of them needs a powerful and automated chatbot, FlowXo is one of the best solutions for you. This chatbot can run through multiple sites at once and is compatible with multiple sites such as Facebook Messenger, Slack, and even Google Drive.
FlowXo takes care of a lot of aspects of your business, like capturing leads or making customers subscribe to feeds, or even allow notifications from your end.
If your aim is to build an audience and retain it as well, FlowXo is the ideal option for your business.
- FlowXo can send attachments to your customers as per the need
- It could be customized to trigger particular responses on specific keywords
- Helps your marketing campaigns and audience retention
- Easily customizable according to your brand and business needs
- Use AI to have a personalized conversation
- Rapidly bringing new features
- Seamless integration
Can have better segmentation features
The standard plan costs about $19/month. However, there's also a free plan with limited features.
LivePerson made it to our collection of the best chatbot software as it is one of the most powerful, enterprise-level, AI-powered chatbot solutions that runs on the most powerful messaging channels. These channels include SMS, WhatsApp, WeChat, and Facebook Messenger. This chatbot connects a potential buyer with a live agent.
It can even schedule appointments and other meetings automatically and has the ability to provide order status, account balance, and bill related details to a customer. This chatbot is an all-in-one solution for an enterprise-level website and has the ability to engage customers in meaningful conversations.
- Real-time intent analysis
- Can identify potential buyers
- Can be integrated with many sites
- Helps track conversions
- Works great with Facebook Messenger
- Partners with IBM Watson
- Has half of the support team Israel that might give customers delayed responses
- That support team is in Israel that late responses
- Can improve in the area of displaying current page views
You have to request a quote in order to find the prices.
If you plan to create bots for your site or Facebook Messenger, Botsify definitely makes it to the list of our best chatbot software. The data is collected in easily customizable forms. There are a variety of templates that could be used for multiple industries and niches.
It can even escalate conversations to a live agent if or when needed. Typically, it's a sales chatbot that can answer all the sale-related queries on your website and navigate potential buyers to the right product.
- It can be translated into multiple languages
- Could escalate conversations to live agents if needed
- Has the ability to be embedded on your website
- Botsify works not only with Facebook Messenger but also on Slack, Amazon Alexa, Shopify, and WordPress sites
- Has ready-made templates as per industries like health & beauty, food & restaurant, travel, transportation, education, and finance
- Outdated technology
- Not updated knowledge base, most recent article has been published on 2017
You have to request a quote in order to find the prices.
Drift can allow you to combine your live chats with an automated bot, quite similar to most of the chatbots in our list of best chatbots for small businesses and big enterprises.
Drift can start conversations with customers even though they have engaged with the products but haven't made a purchase yet. This influences the conversion rate on your website and helps you get more sales.
It even allows third-party app integrations and could be integrated with CRM and MAS systems.
- Helps boost conversions and sales
- Has the ability to escalate conversations to live agents
- Perfect for small/large businesses
- Provides seamless automated communication
- Access to detailed history of all conversations which make it easily to refer to
- Drift attaches to your calendars which provides instant meetings for prospects
- Good for sales and marketing but not that good for support
Drift costs $400/month and is billed annually. There's a free plan available as well, making it a good option for those looking for a free chatbot platform.
Chatfuel is your alternative to having a chatbot when you don’t have any coding skills to set one up on your own. Chatfuel can easily be integrated with Facebook Messenger, Instagram, and even Telegram. With the freedom to customize your own chatbots, Chatfuel is the best chatbot software solution for your business.
Small and large businesses resort to Chatfuel because of its ability to assist you with sales, lead generation, and provision of answers to some of the most asked questions and queries your customers raise about your business.
With some of the most interactive and responsive templates, Chatfuel also allows you to alter all kinds of responses you want your chatbot to provide to your customer. Being a keyword-based chatbot, it simplifies all the purchasing activities for your business.
If you want a chatbot that fulfills and automates all your customer-support needs, Chatfuel is your go-to solution.
- Ideal for generating leads and promoting sales
- Automated replies to all the keywords you feed it
- Could be integrated with all the major platforms
- Intuitive user interface
- Gives good return on cost
- Integrations are possible through API
- Easy to create conversion funnels
- Works only on Facebook Messenger
- Takes time to set up
Chatfuel starts at $15/month with unlimited users. There’s also a free plan available for up to 50 users.
If your business has a presence across all major platforms, including websites and mobile apps, FreshChat could prove to be a permanent solution for you. With its ability to organize all conversations your chatbots have on all platforms in a single dashboard, FreshChat helps you carry all your conversations from a single page. Being an omnichannel chatbot, it allows you to communicate with every customer without the hassle of checking on every single platform you operate on.
With abundant eCommerce solutions and hundreds of templates suitable for all kinds of niches, FreshChat is the right solution for all kinds of industries.
Quite similar to most of the chatbots on our list, FreshChat will communicate with a user until it can. And if it doesn’t have the appropriate answer anymore, it can escalate the conversation to a live agent who can continue the conversation from that point onwards.
FreshChat is also powered by Machine Learning, which makes its answers very personalized and precise. If you want an all-in-one customer assistance solution for your business, FreshChat could be the tool you could resort to.
- Powered by ML, provides personalized answers
- Available for iOS and Android
- Engages with customers more frequently
- Plug and play ease of installation, fantastic configuration
- Superb customer support
- Works great across devices
- Starts to slow down when data of customers increases
- The paid version can be expensive for some
Starts at $13/month. However, there’s a free plan available as well.
Pandorabots is a chatbot that’s packed with exclusive features that are suitable for all kinds of business types. In fact, it is one of the best AI chatbots available for your business.
The best part about Pandorabots is that you have the ability to run your own code in the background, making it highly customizable and curated according to the needs of your business. Pandorabots could also be integrated with all major platforms that your business has built a presence upon. This includes websites, social media platforms, and even apps for your business.
Even though this chatbot is not exactly beginner-friendly, it could still be used for large businesses with serious customer experience enhancement needs.
- Highly customizable
- Powered by AI
- Can learn and adapt to customer requests
- Comes with in-built dialogues, so you don’t need to manually design the chatbot for everything
- Works seamless on all platforms like WhatsApp, Slack, Facebook Messenger, Twilio, LINE, Viber, WeChat, and others
- Requires high-level expertise to integrate it from scratch
- It's AI technology is not very efficient
Starts at $19/month, with a free plan for basic users as well.
14. Zendesk Chat
Just like FreshChat, Zendesk is also an omnichannel chatbot that allows you to manage everything from a single dashboard. That’s not all, since it also has the ability to handle all kinds of support tickets and engage in live conversations with your customers.
Zendesk chat is popular for engaging customers based on their activities on your website. This chatbot allows you to test specific messages to find out how your customers are interacting with them. The ones that bring the most engagement are the ones you could set as default responses for your customers’ queries.
Zendesk could also be integrated with all major platforms and social media channels that your business frequently uses. While this chatbot is a great tool for automating responses, it also provides you dozens of eCommerce tools that assist you with all your online activities.
- Has a great knowledge base software
- Good ticketing feature
- Good for managing issues and allocating problems across a diversified team
- Can be more easy to use
- Can be experienced for some
- Sends out responses that encourage more responses
- Could be integrated with all major platforms
- Provides a variety of tools for small/large businesses
Starts at $14/month per agent when billed annually. However, you can also try the free plan available.
Powered by AI, Chatbot is one of the most powerful solutions on our list. The provision of some of the most advanced features without any need for manual coding is what makes this chatbot the best AI chatbot on our list.
One of the main reasons this chatbot is preferable and suitable for businesses of all sizes is that it allows access to additional tools that assist you with your marketing campaigns, sales, lead generation, and provide personalized support to your customers.
With exceptional and responsive default templates and the ability to integrate them with all major platforms, Chatbot definitely stands out from the rest of its competitors.
- Could be integrated with LiveChat, Facebook Messenger, Slack, WordPress, Zapier, and more
- Abundant eCommerce tools
- Templates for all kinds of landing pages
- No code required to get started
- Drag and drop feature to build your custom bot
- Extensive pre-build templates
- Topics in the learning academy can be more thorough
Starts at $50 per month with a free plan, making it a free chatbot platform.
Chatbot statistics have shown that 67% of users are using chatbots for regular purchase-related activities. This makes chatbots one of the best solutions for a business to automate their business-related activities and drive more conversions and sales.
We hope you found our list of best chatbot software useful and can easily identify which chatbot is perfect for your business.