Lead generation is the marketing process that involves providing enough stimulus to capture the interest of prospective customers. In effect, this is simply to generate a way to lead interested parties into purchasing our products.
Here, I’ll try to describe how it works.
The Self-Directed Buyer:
In order to understand the tips to boost your "leads," it is first important to understand what the self-directed buyer is. Innovations in technology have allowed customers to search for products and services they like on their own. This, in effect, is described as self-directed buying.
- This means as businesses, we have to learn how to "act" like self-directed buyers. We have to make our products appealing to customers.
- The best way to make products and services appealing is to make sure they "connect" to buyers. This is where lead generation comes in.
Tip 1: Long Term Means Long Time:
You have to understand that because we want our businesses to thrive, we have to think of the long term. However, we have to be prepared¾for this process is also going to take a long time.
In order to be efficient in lead generation, you have to:
- Create a Lasting Value Machine: A "value machine" is a mechanism through which you will gain your leads. This can be a video series, a blog, or a website you constantly update with content. You may already know that writing useful content for prospective consumers can be of great help to your business, but you have to remember that it has to function for a long time in order to generate enough leads. These media will be your value machine.
- Establish Trust With Value: Using your value machine, you have to generate content of "value." This means carefully working your way through your content to ensure customers will always get the information they need whenever they go to your outlet.
Tip 2: Go Viral, Use Social Media:
Digital and social media are here to be used, so you should learn how to use them to generate leads. You can't wait too long to generate "relationships" with your buyers like how classic marketing works, because in today's age, you will lose money before you know it. The best path is to use social media instead.
- Try to Make It Viral: Try to make a viral video to post on YouTube, Facebook, and even your site. Make sure it's entertaining to everyone, especially your potential customers. Just make sure that your content entertains and tries to sell a particular product.
- Spread It Around: When you promote content through your media, always make sure people have a quick way to share them with others. Give your potential leads and customers the chance to spread the word about your business for you.
Tip 3: Make Free Worth It, Hard To Get:
Sometimes, the "free newsletter" doesn't work the way we want it to. We have to make sure the free stuff we want to give our customers become things that are extremely worth it for them.
- Make Them Usable: When you want to give out free stuff, make sure your customers can actually use them. For instance, try software, e-books, or resources that will encourage them to come back to you for more.
- Freemium Works: You can also add an element of rarity to your "free" products. You can spice them up by putting your free products for sale every month, to be replaced by another useful freemium. If your customers from before knew they benefited from your free product before, they will surely hang around to get the next.
Tip 4: Always Think Big, Think Ahead:
Always remember that business, in the end, is about the numbers. It's not just about the numbers you own, however, but all the numbers in the process. If you really want your business to work, you have to think outside of yourself, your business, and the box. Think of sparking a revolution that will rock your industry.
- Launch More: If you have a lot of ideas for lead generation, think about them carefully, and launch as many as you can. Of course, this is provided you can keep up with them consistently. If you're really prepared to risk to make your business big, then this will take time and effort. However, this is better and much safer than just waiting for your one plan to work.
- Think Ahead: Try to think of how anything in your business can be "viral" and of use to you. Can that interview you had with an expert become somewhat of a feature? Can your talk with your advisor become an article people will want? Everything is an opportunity.
Lead Generation: The Real Deal
Lead generation, therefore, is a constantly evolving process. Businesses, in order to be successful, have to learn how to evolve with the flow of the market. By modifying the tips above depending on your business, you are sure to be one step ahead of competitors ¾ provided you constantly learn how to adjust them depending on your business' growth.
Your digital marketing efforts are just as important as your businesses’ Fone Dynamics. That said, always remember that customers change their minds just as quick as technology develops, which means you always have to be at the top of your game. If you have any practices on lead generation you'd like to share, feel free to comment below as well!
John is a long-time professional with over two decades of experience in analytics and communications technology. He works as the Senior Data Analyst at Fone Dynamics, a leader in call tracking, voice, and SMS communication. When John steps out of the office, he loves to spend time with his family and bike riding.