Jerusha Carolin is a Content Marketer at TargetBay, an eCommerce Marketing Cloud used by thousands of online stores across the globe. She loves content research and enjoys writing content on anything related to email marketing. She is a lisztomanic who loves to listen to music to keep herself lively and optimistic about life.
Check out our free eCommerce email templates and software to drive more sales in your next marketing campaign
In the world of e-commerce, there are a lot of moving parts. From inventory management to customer service, there's always something to do. And if you're still using pen and paper to draft emails or sending them out manually, it's time to get on the digital bandwagon.
With the help of these free email templates available online, you can easily send marketing messages (no design skills are required😉).
Designing templates is the most exciting part of email marketing. It’s the only creative space for marketers to indulge in! So it’s time for you to expand your creativity with the help of email marketing tools which have free email templates available just for you! All you have to do is sit back and enjoy editing your template!
Let’s begin from scratch, guys! This blog will teach you more about email templates, different types of email templates available online, their benefits, and top email marketing tools that can be used for your businesses.
What is an email template?
An email template is a pre-written or pre-designed email that you can repeatedly use to communicate with your customers. Using an email template means you don't have to write new emails or design emails each time you want to contact a customer.
Instead, you can just copy and paste the pre-written email into the body of a new message whenever you need it or paste the pre-designed templates.
You can create custom templates or use pre-made ones from other businesses or websites. You can also find free e-commerce email templates online at places like BayEngage, MailChimp, and Moosend. You can also approach an email marketing agency to find your business's perfect email marketing tool.
If you have no idea about email templates or what kinds of email templates you can find while using an email marketing tool, continue reading the article below to learn more about this.
Different types of email templates for your campaigns
1. Welcome email templates
A welcome email template is a pre-written email that you can use to say "Welcome!" to a new subscriber. It's an easy way to ensure everyone who signs up for your email list feels welcome and appreciated, and it's a great way to set expectations for what they'll get from you in the future.
You can use a welcome email template as soon as someone subscribes, or you can wait until they've been on your list for a while. The choice is yours! But make sure your email templates are welcoming and set the warmth for your audience.
Look at the example of a BayEngage welcome email template below to know how these templates work.
Firstly, you can insert your store name with a logo and add a signup page link.
Secondly, you can customize the prospect's first name- “We’re so glad you could join us, John.”
Thirdly, you can add links to your social media platforms and product page links displayed on the template.
Tips for writing a welcome email:
- Content should make them feel like a family
- Be precise and clear
- Give welcome offers or custom-made coupons for newbies
- Provide the correct links to your website, social media channels, and product page
2. Order confirmation templates
An order confirmation email template is a message you use to let your customers know that their order has been placed and is being processed.
This message can help you increase your customer satisfaction and reduce the likelihood that the customer will cancel their order. It also allows you to upsell or cross-sell additional products to your customers. You can also attach item recommendations for the customers to shop more from them!
When crafting an order confirmation email template, consider making it personal by addressing each recipient by name (preferably first name). This will help reinforce their sense of connection with your company which will likely result in more repeat purchases from them in future months/years down the road!
Tips for writing a great order confirmation template:
- Thank your customer for buying products from you
- Always use icons like tick marks or symbols that convey that their order is confirmed.
- Encourage your customers to shop again from you and add the right CTAs to your website. You can either use “continue shopping,” “view recommendations,” or “view more”
- You can also provide your customers some brownie points on every purchase. This can motivate them to buy more from you to collect renewable points on their next purchase.
- Check the information of your customer's purchase, including the size, color, delivery instructions, etc.
3. Holiday templates
Holidays are a time to be cheerful! Because it’s the biggest shopping season for all your customers.
A holiday email template is a pre-written or pre-designed email that you can use to send to your customers during the holidays. They're designed to be quick and easy to create so that you can spend less time writing or designing emails and more time celebrating with your family!
You can automate these emails using email marketing software like BayEngage, Klaviyo, Mailchimp, etc., to save time and work effortlessly. If you are someone who is wondering which one is best Klaviyo or Mailchimp, learn the pros and cons of each one before choosing it for your business.
Holiday email templates are great for
- Sending out holiday wishes and messages of gratitude to your customers and subscribers.
- Selling products that are related to the holiday season with customized coupons specially generated for your customers.
- Increase your list size by encouraging subscribers to add their friends' email addresses to the sign-up form on your website or blog. This can be done by conducting a contest on social media.
- Holiday email templates are especially useful for businesses that need to send out something like 25+ emails every year because it's challenging to keep up with the same style every time.
There are different email templates for Christmas, New year, Halloween, etc. Have a look at this email template:
4. Back-in-stock templates
A back-in-stock email template is a message you can send to your customers when you restock an item they previously ordered. This is often used when you have sold out of a product but plan to restock it soon. It is a great way to keep your customers interested and engaged in what you're doing. You can also bring back these customers to drive sales.
- A back-in-stock email template can help you:
- Show customers that you care about them
- Resolve any issues they may have had with their order
- Make sure they know they will be getting the product they ordered
- Get them excited about the upcoming release of new merchandise
5. Abandoned cart recovery templates
An abandoned cart email template is a message that you send to customers who have placed items in their shopping carts but haven't completed the purchase.
These templates are helpful because they provide a unique opportunity to engage with your customers and remind them of their purchases. They also provide an opportunity to increase the likelihood of a sale by offering special promotions or discounts on the items already in the customer's cart.
Do you know how many people abandon their carts in the U.S.?
According to Baymard, the average cart abandonment rate is 69.99%. This data clearly gives you the reason why abandoned cart emails are important. If you work more on sending abandoned cart emails, it can increase your sales and ROI.
This can be seen as smart work as people who are interested are more likely to buy the products from you than the newbies. Therefore, focus more on abandoned cart recovery emails than the rest for better conversion rates.
6. Promotional email templates
A promotional email template is a pre-designed email that you can use to send out to your subscribers, customers, and other contacts. Promotional emails usually have information about new launches, promoting different products that add value to customers.
You can customize the template with your information and images, making it easy to create newsletters and promotional emails on the fly. Instead of starting from scratch every time you want to send out an email, you can easily copy and paste your content into the template's body.
Pro tip: Make sure your pitches are not too salesy! Always stick to friendly language and provide them with valuable content. Don’t make them feel disoriented.
7. Thanksgiving day templates
Thanksgiving is special for everyone! And it’s time for all of us to be grateful for all the little things around us. If you own a business, be grateful to all your customers. To show your gratitude, don’t forget to design email templates that add value to each customer’s life.
A Thanksgiving email template helps quickly send a message to your customers or clients to express gratitude for their business. It can be used year-round, but it's especially useful for the holidays when you want to make sure that everyone who has given you business in the past gets a special treat.
The benefits of using thank you email templates include
- They help you stay organized. If you're using a template, it means that all of your emails will be uniform, making it easier for you to keep track of them and send them out quickly and easily.
- They save time by making it easier for you to get things done on time. You don't have to spend hours writing each email individually. All you have to do is just write one template and then use it over and over again!
- They help build relationships with your customers because they feel like they're being treated well. When someone receives an email from someone who took the time out of their busy schedule to tell them they appreciated their business, they're more likely to stick around than if they had received an impersonal "thank you" message instead!
Protip: Make sure your thanksgiving emails are crafted in a way that sounds human-like. Machine-generated scripts usually don’t have emotions and won’t set a feel-good moment for your audience. So always stick to natural and write content from your heart! This can create a magical bond between you and your prospects.
8. Cyber monday templates
Cyber Monday is known as America's biggest online shopping day of the year. It's a great opportunity for businesses to get new customers or encourage existing customers to purchase more from them.
Many companies use cyber Monday templates to send out emails that include discounts, free shipping offers, and other incentives for customers to shop with them during this time.
There are some great benefits to using a Cyber Monday email template:
- You don't have to write an email from scratch whenever you want to send out a Cyber Monday deal. You just need to change the details in the template!
- Your customers will love getting an email with all these great deals, especially if they're into shopping online!
- You can also show your customers that you care about them and provide them with great discounts during the holiday season
9. Product sale templates
Product sale email templates can be used to create a variety of different types of emails, such as newsletters, announcements, and many more. They are extremely useful because they allow you to send out content to your customers in an easy and efficient manner.
The customers also get equally excited for all the new updates, product launches, gift boxes, and limited editions you are launching. So make sure the email templates make them happy double the time!
How can you do this? This is possible with the help of email templates available online! As I have already mentioned the benefits of each template, the same applies here as well. They not only save you time but also helps you to skyrocket your business.
10. Birthday templates
A birthday email template is a pre-written email that you can use to wish someone on their special day. You can also provide discounts if you celebrate your store’s birthday also.
Birthday templates are great because they make it easy to be thoughtful and personal without taking up too much of your time or energy. You can copy the template, paste the recipient's name and details, and then hit send!
What are the benefits of sending birthday emails?
- It’s definitely a hyper-personalized one for your customer
- You can be a part of their celebration by giving them special discounts on their birthday
- Choose a template that has cake, celebration emojis, and GIFs to make it lively and colorful for your audience.
Have a look at this example of Nike’s birthday email template! Every year Nike offers 25% offer on their birthdays! Look at the sentences used by Nike. “Get the party started”, “limited time to check out”. These phrases can light the reader’s mind.
You might be wondering! From where can you get these templates? Let’s get to know the top 5 email marketing softwares that provide free email templates.
Top 4 email marketing software that provides free email templates
BayEngage is a cloud-based email marketing software that helps you send email campaigns and Newsletters for your business. You can create and send professional-looking emails effortlessly. The benefits you get from BayEngage are,
- You can use 380+ free email templates or customize them to fit your brand's style and personality.
- A drag-and-drop builder that makes creating your template simple and fun.
- You can also manage all of your communications from one place using BayEngage’s dashboard.
- A variety of templates to choose from, including templates designed specifically for e-commerce businesses.
- BayEngage’s software is also compatible with any email service provider, so you can send your content out through whichever platform you prefer!
- You can easily integrate with other stores like Shopify, Magento, BigCommerce, etc., and automate your email campaigns.
- AB testing tools to find out the best subject lines and templates for your business.
BayEngage gives you a 14-day trial pack to try all the services. You can use a free plan to send 2500 emails per month to 250 subscribers. If you want to send more, go for a premium package with which you can send unlimited emails. For every $10 for every 1,000 additional subscribers per month.
Omnisend is also a cloud-based email marketing platform that makes creating and sending emails easy.
Omnisend benefits include
- Customizable templates for every email you send, and you can easily automate your campaigns
- An in-depth reporting system that allows you to see how your campaigns are performing
- A drag-and-drop editor for easy creation of new templates
- You can easily integrate with other stores like Shopify, BigCommerce, etc.
- If one of your customers unsubscribes from your list, Omnisend will automatically remove them from the list so they won't receive any more emails from your company.
Omnisend has three different plans:
- Free plan- $0- You can send emails to up to 250 contacts and 500 emails per month
- Standard- $16 per month- You can send emails to up to 500 contacts and 6000 emails per month
- Pro- $59 per month- You can send emails up to 500 contacts and unlimited emails per month
Mailchimp is an email marketing service that helps businesses and organizations send beautiful, personalized emails to their customers.
With Mailchimp, you can create and send professional-looking emails with ease. There are several benefits to using Mailchimp as your email marketing platform:
- Mailchimp gives you access to a library of templates to easily create emails that look professional and clean.
- You can easily add images, videos, links, and other content to your emails.
- You can track how many people open your emails and which links they click on to understand better what works best for your audience.
Mailchimp has four different plans. These prices are for 500 subscribers
- Free plan- $0- You can send emails to up to 500 contacts and 2500 emails per month, and only one person can access this plan
- Essentials- $9 per month- You can send emails to up to 500 contacts and 5000 emails per month and only two people have access to this plan.
- Standard- $13 per month- You can send emails to up to 500 contacts and 6000 emails per month, and only five people have access to this plan
- Premium- $279 per month- You can send emails upto 500 contacts and 1,50,000 emails per month and unlimited people from your business can access the data and regulate campaigns.
Price varies based on the count of your subscribers and the number of emails to send.
As you can see Mailchimp doesn’t offer unlimited emails how much ever you pay, so look for some Mailchimp alternatives for your business.
Moosend is a cloud-based email marketing software that helps you send emails to your audience. You can create and manage your campaigns, and it will send them out for you in a matter of minutes.
You can use Moosend to
- Create attractive email templates
- Send out personalized emails
- Track engagement with each campaign
- Send emails to the right people at the right time
Moosend has three different plans:
- Free trial- $0- You can try Moosend for 30 days for free.
- Pro- $9 per month- You can send emails to up to 500 contacts
- Enterprise- various based on your requirements per month- You can get a quotation for your business online.
An email template is a pre-written email you can send to your customers and clients. They can be used for any number of things, but they’re particularly useful when you want to send out a bulk group of emails with similar content. Hope you enjoyed reading about email marketing templates and their benefits.
The sky is the limit when it comes to email templates! Go and explore everything today!
Subscribe to weekly updates
You’ll also receive some of our best posts today