“Build it, and they will come” only works in the movies. Social Media is a “build it, nurture it, engage them, and they may come and stay.” – Seth Godin
Rightly said! Social media is a place where if you want to rule and make people stay, you have to build your authority, nurture it to the fullest, and get people engaged in it smartly.
The power this social media holds is massive and literally unbelievable. You might be shocked to see the following statistics -
- The total world population as of December 2019 is 7.8 billion
- There are 4.54 billion Internet users
- 3.725 billion social media users
- On average, out of 10, every 7 people have social media accounts
- Users spend more than 2 hours on social media in a day
- Facebook: 2.449 billion users
- YouTube: 1.9 billion users
- WhatsApp: 1.6 billion users
- Instagram: 1bn users
- LinkedIn: 660 million users
- Pinterest: 265 million users
- Snapchat: 210 million daily users
- Twitter: 145 million daily users
Social media is a large pool to go fishing in for your target audience. Not getting involved in social media will result in an ineffective marketing strategy.
If you are eager to get your social media strategy pumping, Keep reading.
We are plunging into the latest cutting-edge four social media management tips that will help you dominate the digital space.
1. Organize your goals. Get things done
To jumpstart your social media strategy it is very vital to have a solid plan, goals, and objectives.
You will go nowhere if you don’t know exactly, what you want?
When properly aligned with your marketing goals, social media marketing can be an effective component of your overall marketing strategy.
If you want to reach your goals, it is very crucial to WRITE them.
According to recent studies, you are 30% more likely to be successful if you write your goals down. In some studies, that number is as high as 40%.
Important Things to do:
- Set the deadline for the goal you really want to achieve.
- Make use of numbers. Be definite. ( for example - Reach 7000 Facebook Followers)
- Make your goal SMART
2. Know your audience
If you want to make a profit, one the most needed thing is to engage and connect with the audience.
But before that, you should understand who your audience is. What are their desires, wants, and needs?
How to understand your target audience?
- Dig their demographic details and study them carefully.
- Post comments on different blogs having a similar audience.
- Respond to the comments/questions received on all your social media channels gracefully.
- Take a survey to know your audience’s pain points.
- Collect real-time feedback.
- Take part in forum discussions of your niche audience.
3. Create content carefully
The strength of your social media gets determined by the power of your content. It is very crucial to craft your social media content carefully. Content rules everywhere. If your content is good, no one can stop you from winning. If your content fails to create that bling, you are about to end nowhere.
But before you start creating and posting content on all your social media channels, it is vital to know the purpose of each network.
For example -
Facebook - Today, every single person has their account on Facebook. Generally, this platform is used for entertainment and news. Usually, what we have seen is, the Facebook pages fail to perform. On the other hand, Facebook groups can be a great way to induce content and engage with your target audience.
Instagram - Well-known for its visual approach, this platform is used by a large number of people. Short videos and static images work really well. Here, usage of the right caption with proper hashtags can bring your content surely to the limelight.
Pinterest – This platform is highly visual. It has been proved to be very efficient at bringing more traffic to your website.
Bonus Tips -
- Users find it really annoying if you make your content too salesy. Rather keep it general, knowledgeable, and in one or two instances push towards the sales aspect.
- Take full advantage of video marketing. Create and include videos in your content. Do not forget to add subtitles. People usually like to watch videos on mute.
- Images are a powerful weapon. Create high-quality creative images and use them in your content.
4. Promotion is the key to become successful
No matter how great your content is, if it doesn't get noticed by people, it’s totally useless. Promoting your content smartly makes you win in this digital era. If you promote well, you steal the show.
You can take the help of automation tools such as Socinator which helps to manage your social media platforms well. Using Socinator, you can-
- Pre-plan your posts on social media
- Control the type of content you post
- Consistently post, week over week, month over month
- Automate social media publishing tasks
- Publish contents on different platforms
- Detailed tracking of your results
- Manage multiple social media accounts with ease
Also, you should support and focus on cross-promoting, collaborate with big influencers, in the particular niche/industry, run contests.
To grow your network and reach out to prospects are the two major goals of social media marketing. If you really want to achieve success you need to pull your socks up and start to get out of your comfy zone.
- You need to set your goals straight and start working towards it.
- Once your goals are defined, next, you need to know your audience to whom you need to target.
- Craft social media content carefully. Open up your minds, keep the ideas coming, push towards being creative, and entertaining to stand out of the league.
- Promote your content intelligently and vigorously. After all, it is the key that will make you successful.
These are some of the important, and vital social media management tips that you need to practice and strictly follow.
Are there any other tips you would like to share? Please drop your suggestions in the comment section below.
Author: Sumit Ghosh
This post was submitted by a TNS experts. Check out our Contributor page for details about how you can share your ideas on digital marketing, SEO, social media, growth hacking and content marketing with our audience.