This post was submitted by a TNS experts. Check out our Contributor page for details about how you can share your ideas on digital marketing, SEO, social media, growth hacking and content marketing with our audience.
Managing social media accounts is a constant work in progress. In its existence of over a decade, social media has gone from being an optional splurge to a mandatory investment.
“Build it, and they will come” only works in the movies. Social Media is a “build it, nurture it, engage them, and they may come and stay.” – Seth Godin.
Rightly said! Social media is where if you want to rule and make people stay, you must build your authority, nurture it to the fullest, and get people engaged smartly.
The power this social media holds is massive and unbelievable. You might be shocked to see the following statistics -
- The total world population as of December 2019 is 7.8 billion
- There are 4.54 billion Internet users
- 3.725 billion social media users
- On average, out of 10, every seven people have social media accounts.
- Users spend more than 2 hours on social media in a day
- Facebook: 2.449 billion users
- YouTube: 1.9 billion users
- WhatsApp: 1.6 billion users
- Instagram: 1bn users
- LinkedIn: 660 million users
- Pinterest: 265 million users
- Snapchat: 210 million daily users
- Twitter: 145 million daily users
Social media is a large pool to go fishing in for your target audience. Not getting involved in social media will result in an ineffective marketing strategy.
If you are eager to get your social media strategy pumping, Keep reading.
We are plunging into the latest cutting-edge four social media management tips that will help you dominate the digital space.
1. Organize your goals. Get things done
A solid plan, goals, and objectives are vital to jumpstart your social media strategy.
You will go nowhere if you don’t know exactly what you want.
When properly aligned with your marketing goals, social media marketing can be an effective component of your overall marketing strategy.
If you want to reach your goals, it is very crucial to WRITE them.
According to recent studies, you are 30% more likely to be successful if you write your goals down. In some studies, that number is as high as 40%.
Important Things to do:
- Set the deadline for the goal you really want to achieve.
- Make use of numbers. Be definite. ( for example - Reach 7000 Facebook Followers)
- Make your goal SMART
2. Know your audience
If you want to make a profit, engaging and connecting with the audience is one of the most needed things.
But before that, you should understand who your audience is. What are their desires, wants, and needs?
How to understand your target audience?
- Dig their demographic details and study them carefully.
- Post comments on different blogs having a similar audience.
- Respond to the comments/questions received on all your social media channels gracefully.
- Take a survey to know your audience’s pain points.
- Collect real-time feedback.
- Take part in forum discussions of your niche audience.
3. Create content carefully
The strength of your social media gets determined by the power of your content. It is very crucial to craft your social media content carefully. Content rules everywhere. If your content is good, no one can stop you from winning. If your content fails to create that bling, you are about to end nowhere.
But before you start creating and posting content on all your social media channels, it is vital to know the purpose of each network.
For example -
Facebook - Today, every single person has an account on Facebook. Generally, this platform is used for entertainment and news. Usually, what we have seen is that Facebook pages fail to perform. On the other hand, Facebook groups can be a great way to induce content and engage with your target audience.
Instagram - Well-known for its visual approach, this platform is used by many people. Short videos and static images work well. Here, using the right caption with proper hashtags can surely bring your content to the limelight.
Pinterest – This platform is highly visual. It has been proven to be very efficient at bringing more traffic to your website.
Bonus Tips -
- Users find it annoying if you make your content too sales. Rather keep it general, knowledgeable, and in one or two instances, push towards the sales aspect.
- Take full advantage of video marketing. Create and include videos in your content. Do not forget to add subtitles. People usually like to watch videos on mute.
- Images are a powerful weapon. Create high-quality creative images and use them in your content.
4. Promotion is the key to becoming successful
No matter how great your content is, it's useless if it doesn't get noticed by people. Promoting your content smartly makes you win in this digital era. If you promote well, you steal the show.
You can take the help of automation tools such as Socinator, which helps to manage your social media platforms well. Using Socinator, you can-
- Pre-plan your posts on social media
- Control the type of content you post
- Consistently post, week over week, month over month
- Automate social media publishing tasks
- Publish content on different platforms.
- Detailed tracking of your results
- Manage multiple social media accounts with ease.
Also, you should support and focus on cross-promoting, collaborating with big influencers in the particular niche/industry, run contests.
The two major social media marketing goals are to grow your network and reach out to prospects. You must pull your socks up to achieve success and get out of your comfy zone.
- You need to set your goals straight and start working towards them.
- Once your goals are defined, you need to know the audience you need to target.
- Craft social media content carefully. Open your minds, keep the ideas coming, and push to be creative and entertaining to stand out from the league.
- Promote your content intelligently and vigorously. After all, it is the key that will make you successful.
These are some important and vital social media management tips you must practice and strictly follow.
Are there any other tips you would like to share? Please drop your suggestions in the comment section below.
Author: Sumit Ghosh
Subscribe to weekly updates
You’ll also receive some of our best posts today