Srushti Shah is an ambitious, passionate and out of the box thinking woman having vast exposure in Digital Marketing. Her key focus is to serve her clients with the latest innovation in her field leading to fast and effective results. Working beyond expectations and delivering the best possible results is her professional motto. Other than work, she loves traveling, exploring new things and spending quality time with family.
You don't have to spend hundreds of dollars to make your flyers gain attention. Here are some tips to make your flyers pop and grow your business.
In an era of technology where everything sells online, traditional forms of marketing like flyers no longer work. Is it true?
The answer, counterintuitively, is NO.
Interestingly, flyers still play a critical role in advertising your business and exposing a particular event, product, or service.
According to research by U.S. postal services, print marketing, such as flyers and direct mail, influence purchase decisions more than television and TV advertisements.
The same study reinstated that 72% of people surveyed believed that catalogs like flyers generate their interest in a product, and 84% have purchased a product after seeing it in a catalog.
So, what're you waiting for?
Let's explore a few tips to grow your business using flyers!
6 Tips to keep growing your business with flyers
You don't have to spend hundreds of dollars to make your flyers gain attention. Here are some tips to make your flyers pop and grow your business:
1. Create a focal point for your flyer
What's the first thing you want customers to notice about you? As the first impression is your last impression, engage readers by creating a focal point. For creating a focal point, focus on the following:
- Professional images: The quality of the images you use in a flyer is important. You might not convey the intended message to your audience if pictures are unclear and dull. So, focus on using crystal-clear and vibrant images that create a mood and grab the customer's attention. Using images as your focal point can differentiate you from others.
- Vibrant colors: Always use colors consistent with your brand and those that have eye-catching effects. Focus on using subtle but active colors in the image. Whatever color you use, ensure your color scheme is consistent. Avoid using too many colors because it can distract your readers' attention.
- Right font and size: The font size you choose is essential for creating your flyer's focal point. An excellent image with vibrant colors looks great if you use the right font and size. Ensure that your text is legible and reflective of your brand.
- High-quality flyer printing: The right paper choice and high-quality printing can make all the difference. While readers will get impressed by your premium products, they'll be more impressed if a flyer feels soft and pleasant in their hands. So, next time when creating a flyer, click out Helloprints great flyer printing and see how customers feel impressed with your flyer's quality.
2. Keep your content simple
When it comes to creating a flyer, less is more because you have a couple of seconds to capture the customer's attention. After a customer sees a flyer, you have less than five seconds to hook them to your product. That's why creating concise and straight-to-the-point content about your product is essential.
Avoid cluttering your flyer with too much imagery and text, as you might lose customer attention. You can create short and compelling content using:
- Use action words: Use active verbs to make your product offering exciting and appealing. As far as possible, avoid using the passive voice as it might result in a customer losing interest in your flyer's content.
- Snappy headlines: Create a snappy and captivating headline using a few words. Focus on incorporating powerful words and phrases such as "How to," "Proven," and "Discover."
- Use bullet points: When designing a flyer, have your text, particularly the benefits, in easy-to-read and digestible bullet points. Long-form text can distract the audience's attention because they might be unable to understand what you're trying to say.
3. Know your audience
Besides focusing on your flyer's aesthetics and design, knowing who you're trying to reach with the flyer is essential. Focus on who your target demographic is, how they prefer interacting with your brand, their dislikes and likes, and how you will catch your audience's attention.
Knowing your audience is as essential as the design. So, conduct market research before constructing a flyer. Keep your buyer's persona in mind when creating a flyer's text.
When tapping into a new market, create a friendly, enticing, and catchy flyer. However, don't push the customers too much because it's your first interaction.
If you're targeting an existing customer base, keep a tone that suggests trust, friendship, and personal connection. For instance, if you're trying to appeal to car enthusiasts, using specific terms and descriptions can help your flyer get the attention of people who are more likely to purchase a car.
To build a connection and rapport with your audience, try using direct pronouns like "your" or "you" rather than using generalized words like "we" or "our." Direct pronouns speak to your audience and can grab their attention.
Interestingly, when you know your audience, you can create customized services using flyers and ensure you reach your target audience.
According to research, a popular men's clothing brand reported that 20% of first-time website visitors placed orders after receiving a catalog like a flyer.
If you know your target audience, the sky can be the limit because it empowers you to grow your business.
4. Use flyer's space effectively
One defining feature of a flyer is that they are small and have a restricted size of 5.5" x 8.5" or 4" x 6". This leaves you with limited space to make an impact.
With the space restriction in mind, you must think creatively about the flyer's design and layout. Unlike posters with too much space, you must carefully utilize space in a flyer.
Companies divide the space into various grids to make the best use of the available space. That said, dividing your flyer into perfect squares can make your flyer look overly rigid. So, try using irregularly shaped grids to make your content pop up.
Focus on diagonal grids or compositions if you plan to do something innovative. You can have a small grid below an image and a large grid to its left. While there is no end to possibilities to design, ensure you make optimum space utilization.
Also, avoid making your flyer crowded or messy in a quest to fill the space. An ideal design is a storehouse of content that still looks minimal and clean.
5. Offer discounts
Are you offering discounts or selling items on sale?
If yes, mention them on your flyer.
Customer engagement and response rates with catalogs are strongest when they feature sales or discounts. With 93% of shoppers using discount codes or coupons throughout the year, mentioning a discount on a flyer can help you reach your target audience.
You can even design a coupon at the bottom quarter of your flyer. Ensure you clearly state the deadline and limitation of the coupon.
Remember that you don't have to reinvent the wheel when creating a flyer. Just use proven techniques to see your business grow manifolds in a few months.
Some restaurants always offer a pamphlet or flyer with the latest deals and offer that they can use within a specific date. People usually save it for the future, and it nudges them to revisit the restaurant or order delivery.
You can create amazing flyers using coupons and customizing the flyer template available at Helloprints. Recognize that people indeed seek discounts, and you must implement discounts so that customers can earn rewards.
6. Connect to digital
You should not see your print flyers as the enemy of digital marketing. Some effective marketing campaigns are those in which the print and digital remain in coordination. You can grow your sales through digital engagement when you connect flyers with digital.
They reinforce one another and mutually develop a consistent brand image.
Today, printed flyers are an excellent way to drive your audience back online and engage customers with your digital content.
So, when creating and designing your flyer, include links to your Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter handle. It will help you reach the desired audience and promote your social media presence.
If you're a tech-savvy brand, integrate your flyers with digital coupons. That way, you can easily link all types of content like free downloads, personalized videos, voucher codes, coupon codes, surveys, and websites to your flyer.
When you integrate flyers with digital, it allows you to track consumer engagement. Being tech-savvy, you can access a whole heap of information that can help assess the effectiveness of your flyer distribution and marketing efforts.
Connecting your flyers to your digital content is the latest trend that might disrupt the print marketing industry in the coming years.
A well-designed, carefully crafted, eye-catching flyer can effectively promote a business. Flyer design software makes it super easy for buyers to use their imagination to customize a flyer.
When creating a business flyer, understand that a flyer is a harmonious combination of flawless design, clear messaging, and striking aesthetics.
To avoid creating dull flyers, put yourself in your customer's shoes and think about what you would prefer as a customer. This can help you create flyers that deliver intended marketing results.
Promoting possibilities are endless by creating beautiful designs and making flyers an integral aspect of your marketing campaign.
Subscribe to weekly updates
You’ll also receive some of our best posts today