This post was submitted by a TNS experts. Check out our Contributor page for details about how you can share your ideas on digital marketing, SEO, social media, growth hacking and content marketing with our audience.
The right combination of offline and online marketing strategies would still make a big difference in attaining a successful business as it allows you to cater to unique customer needs. Get down the article below to learn ways on how to improve business marketing.
Now, more than ever, the business world is getting crowded, more competitive, and rapidly changing. And, one aspect that every business owner should prioritize is finding ways to improve business marketing to keep up with consumer demands, overcome challenges, and earn positive sales outcomes.
Business marketing refers to all online and offline marketing efforts to promote a company’s products and services. Whichever industry you’re into and whether you’re dealing with the consumer market or the business market, it’s crucial to develop effective marketing solutions. This way, you’ll attain a steady stream of good income flow.
In this article, you’ll learn the best ways to improve your business’ marketing to help achieve your overall objectives.
1. Work With The Experts
Whether you have a business-to-business (B2B) or business-to-customer (B2C) firm, it’s essential to tap business experts to ensure you’re taking the right path to success. Your business should only deal with certified marketing professionals to eliminate guesswork and focus on creating effective strategies to increase your sales.
Here’s how working with business experts improve your business’ marketing:
- Business Advocacy: Marketing consultants are business advocates who provide expert advice on effective, proven, and latest marketing solutions that can help your business promote your offerings. They have the market knowledge, expertise, and solutions to drive your sales and marketing to the next level.
- Technical Expertise: Experienced business marketing professionals have technical brilliance, bringing technical knowledge and skills to your projects. With marketing experts' help, you can resolve the internal staffing gap and make your innovative ideas stand out. Visit sortlist.co.uk and other similar sites to find out more about working with the right marketing agency for your next project.
2. Analyze Your Competition
The competitive analysis that most businesses typically do is limited to keeping an eye on what the competition is up to from afar by checking out the products and/or services they’re offering. Delve deeper if you really want to use competitive analysis to get a boost for your business.
Determine what really are the differences between your and your competitors’ offerings by tapping into your existing customer base and asking them about their perception. By doing so, you’ll not only get real-time feedback on how to improve your marketing strategies, but your customers will also appreciate your concern, increasing their loyalty to your brand.
Besides asking your customers directly, the following will also allow you to delve deeper into your competitive analysis:
- Secret shopping a competitor’s product and studying it
- Getting content ideas by putting competitor URLs into a keyword tool
- Running a competitive link analysis
- Monitoring your customer’s brand terms so you can turn a negative experience from another business (especially competitors) into a positive one with yours.
3. Segment And Profile Your Audience
Blanket brand messaging is obsolete because consumers better respond to personalized messages, reflecting their overall experience. Also, audience profiling and segmentation play a vital role in personalizing your business’ marketing. Define, profile, and segment your target audience by gathering insights and complex data using analytics, as welk as research tools and strategies.
Target customer profiles help you better understand your ideal customers to save time and allocate marketing resources on leads with a high possibility of turning into paying customers. Profiling your target audience involves knowing their needs, wants, attributes, interests, spending habits, and behaviors, including distinctive purchasing intentions.
Check the following ways you can improve your business’ marketing with audience segmentation and profiling:
- Create An Effective Process: Target your intended audience effectively by developing an effective process suitable for your business, which includes segmentation, profiling, messaging, engagement, and measurement. You can start this process by splitting your audience into groups based on demographic data (age, gender, location, etc.). As you go on with the process, you may tap into other in-depth aspects, such as lifestyles, interests, attitudes, and self-perceptions.
- Create Buyer Personas: Using new segmentation techniques, you can create diverse buyer personas involving complex portraits map segments. Creating your ideal customers or buyer personas outlines the perceptions, interests, attitudes, and perceptions crucial to your target audience.
- Create Least Ideal Profiles: The opposite of creating buyer personas or ideal customer profiles is creating the least ideal profiles, so you’ll know what type of customers you should avoid, saving time, energy, and resources.
4. AI And Machine Learning
Artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning are innovative solutions that can help businesses better understand different business marketing techniques. These technologies utilize natural language processing (NLP) that mimics human interaction using automation. In short, they’re software robots with superior levels of accuracy, and think and speak like humans.
About 70% of top-performing marketing teams claim to have a fully defined AI strategy. AI and machine learning can improve marketing in many ways, along with voice and chat assistants, mobile technology and apps, and other marketing and advertising technologies.
Check the following ways AI and machine learning can improve your business’ marketing:
- Predict Unique Buying Patterns: With AI-based demand sensing, marketers can predict buying patterns better, reducing backorders and stockouts.
- Analyze Customer Sentiments: Machine learning algorithms can help marketers analyze customer sentiments for a specific brand or product in a certain geographic location.
- Create Personalized Brand: AI and machine learning promote a better real-time personalization experience. For instance, you can integrate a real-time personalization engine powered by AI with customers' account information, customer preferences, the mobile app, and third-party data to create personalized marketing strategies.
5. Evaluate Marketing Campaign With Split Testing
Not evaluating your business’ performance will put your marketing efforts to waste. One of the greatest ways to do this step is through split testing, an easy-to-understand marketing evaluation technique that marketers use nowadays.
Split testing (also known as A/B testing) refers to evaluating different strategies for comparison. In business marketing, split testing is key to optimizing a website's digital marketing funnel.
Check these examples of how you can perform A/B testing to help improve your business’ marketing:
- Email Marketing: Send two different versions of email copies to two segmented groups of customers with the same profile. You can do this split testing technique to determine which two email copies have a higher response rate.
- Content Marketing: Publish two copies of content containing the same topic on your website, and analyze which yields a higher number of visitors or traffic. Use different keywords and links, as well as images and videos, to clearly differentiate the two.
6. Always Include Clear And Compelling Calls To Action
A call to action (CTA) is the next step that you want your audience to take. Everything in your marketing campaigns should include one. Making a purchase, connecting with your business through your social media channels, downloading your ebook, signing up for your newsletter—whatever it is that you want your customers or prospects to do, don’t sit back just hoping they’ll follow through. Make sure to compel them to perform it!
You’ve already learned about split testing. Note that it can also be utilized here by testing different CTAs. You can even use more advanced multi-variate testing to find new ways of improving your marketing efforts through calls to action.
7. Add A Mobile App To Your Marketing Plan
If used the right way, a mobile app is a powerful marketing tool. Using an app to offer new services or programs in your business can draw new customers in. For instance, a mobile app makes mobile ordering possible, and a loyalty program more straightforward for you and your customers.
Setting up a lead capture form to start building or increasing your email list is another thing you can do using a mobile app. You can even re-engage customers by sending them promotional messages and business news through the app. In addition, collecting reviews also becomes effortless.
8. Combine Online And Offline Marketing Strategies
There’s no secret formula for a successful business marketing strategy. It’s because the combination of online and offline marketing methods heavily relies on your customers' unique needs and of your business.
Check the following examples of online and offline marketing strategies you can choose from to help improve your business’ marketing:
- Offline Marketing Strategies: Direct mail marketing, direct selling, using brand merchandise, store display, flyers, brochures, and trade fairs
- Online Marketing Strategies: Search engine marketing, social media marketing, influencer marketing, affiliate marketing, email marketing, and online paid ads.
When it comes to improving your business’ marketing, it’s important to work with top-notch marketing experts to get insightful advice on the best marketing techniques and tools to use. Segmenting and profiling your audience are also good ideas so you can personalize your marketing efforts.
Furthermore, AI and machine learning improve the development of effective marketing strategies by predicting unique buying patterns, analyzing customer sentiments, and creating a personalized brand. Of course, you shouldn’t also forget to use split testing in evaluating both your marketing campaigns and calls to action.
And, since smartphone ownership is growing swiftly worldwide, a mobile app would be the icing on the cake of your overall marketing strategy.
Subscribe to weekly updates
You’ll also receive some of our best posts today