To make your content marketing journey successful you need to own an actionable content marketing strategy and create insightful contents consistently. Your content may range from a simple blog post to a complex graphic based analytical post, from a powerful press release to a compelling cornerstone guest-post.
To maximize the productivity and amplify contents’ reach, you need to have the right kind of tools in your content marketing arsenal. Additionally, you need to master these tools to efficiently plan and manage all types of digital content creation.
There are hundreds of tools available for the content creators and marketers, and you have to devote a lot of time evaluating their productivity and efficiency. But to make the process easier we have put together a list of awesome tools which certainly will help in your content creation journey.
These content creation tools are easy to use and cost-effective yet powerful. These tools will greatly complement your content marketing strategy and make a huge difference in your content development success.
1. Hubspot’s Blog Topic Generator
Hubspot's Blog Topic Generator is a popular tool which helps you to generate compelling titles for your blog posts and at the same time, you can use it to generate new topic ideas on your niche.
- You just need to put your keyword in the text field and it will show you various titles and topics which you can choose as per your customers’ needs and preferences.
- You can enter up to 5 words which are related to your blog topic and just click the “Give me Blog Ideas” and it will generate some interesting blog ideas for you for the upcoming 7 days. However, you can unlock the 1 year of service by filling up a few details about you to avail some other powerful features.
- The best part of this tool is that they never share or disclose the blog ideas generated for you with others. Hence, you need not to worry about the originality and uniqueness of your blog posts.
2. Hemingway Editor
Hemingway Editor is one of the essential proofreading tools for writers. This tool helps you write in a simple, clear and meaningful manner by detecting complex sentence structure, the presence of adverbs, difficult words or phrases, overuse of passive voice etc.
- Improves Writing Style - With the help of Hemingway editor you can construct clear and concise sentence structure, remove complex words or phrases, adverbs, punctuation errors etc. and ensure that the sentence flow is natural and readable that will engage your readers.
- Color-Coded Writing Errors - Hemingway editor highlights the errors in writings by using different color-codes that helps you address the writing issues easily and quickly. For example, if you use any lengthy or complex sentence it will highlight those in yellow color, and if the color is red it indicates you to simplify the sentence structure.
- Publishes Writing - With Hemingway editor you can publish your writings as a draft or live-post on platforms like Medium or Wordpress. Additionally, you can import text as HTML code to publish them on any blogging platform.
- Free version
- Paid version - a one-time payment of 19.99$
Grammarly is the world's most popular online grammar checking tool that comes with advanced grammar checking features. It points out grammar mistakes in your sentences by highlighting misspelled words, the wrong context of the words, better vocabulary options to ensure error-free writing.
[Recommended: 7 Killer Content Marketing Strategies That Pay Off ]
- Critical grammar and spelling error checking
- Punctuation, grammar, context, and sentence structure checking
- Better vocabulary suggestion
- Topic-specific writing style checking
- Plagiarism detector which checks more than 16 billion webpages
- Free version
- Premium version - Monthly plan - 29.95$ per month, Quarterly plan - $19.98 per month, Yearly plan - 11.66$ per month
4. Portent’s Content Idea Generator
Portent’s content idea generator is another powerful tool to generate various compelling content ideas to use in your blog posts and overall content marketing strategy.
- You just need to add the keyword in the text box and hit the enter button and it will generate some awesome content titles within seconds.
- If you don’t like the suggested title you can refresh until you find your preferred title and you can get up to 20+ title ideas by doing this.
- Apart from giving you content ideas it also gives some tips to improve your content.
Duplichecker is a free online plagiarism checking tool that checks the uniqueness of the content by analyzing other existing contents on the web. At the same time, it provides a detailed report of whether your content is copied from other online resources or is it 100% plagiarism free.
- Duplichecker is very easy to use the tool and you can check your text by uploading any .doc or .txt file or you can paste up to 1000 words in the search box and just click on the check plagiarism button to find out a detailed report.
- If you want to check longer contents of more than 1000 words at a time, you need to register yourself.
- With the free membership, you can verify up to 50 documents a day.
6. Google Trends
Google Trends is one of Google’s very useful tools to find out the search volume and popularity of any particular search term over a certain period of time.
- It provides information about the most trending topics on Google search engine and the geographical information of visitors.
- Using Google Trends you can see what the people of your target market are searching for and write on those trending matters to drive more visitors to your website.
Buzzsumo is a simple yet powerful tool for content writers to generate content ideas for their upcoming contents. You need to search with a topic and it will show you a list of popular contents around that subject to shape the idea of your next unique content.
- You will get content alerts for your related keywords whenever new content is published on the web.
- You can analyze your competitor’s content performance and make comparisons.
- Find out the most popular and shared content on various social media platforms and get a detailed analysis report.
- Monthly Plans: Pro plan - 99$ per month, Plus plan - 179$ per month, Large plan - 299$ per month, Enterprise plan – 499+$ per month
- Annual Plans: 79$ per month, Plus plan - 139$ per month, Large plan - 239$ per month, Enterprise plan – 499+$ per month
8. CoSchedule Headline Analyzer
Coschedule headline analyzer tool is essential to create a catchy headline or title for your content that attracts a wide audience to click through it.
- This tool provides a rating to your title on the basis of sentence structure, grammar, punctuation, spelling, readability, an emotional value which is very powerful to connect with your audience.
- This tool also measures the word count of your title, keywords position etc. It gives you a clear idea of whether your title will create an impact on your audience or not.
- Additionally, Coschedule offers various marketing strategy like social media marketing, email marketing etc. at one place.
- Individual Plans: Individual + Referral plan – 0$ to 20$ per month, Individual plan – 40$ per month
- Business Plans: Growth plan – 80$ per month, Professional plan – 400$ per month, Enterprise plan – 1400$ per month
- Agency Plans: Growth plan – 80$ per month, Growth + Agency plan – 230$ per month, Professional plan – 400$ per month
9. Calmly Writer
Calmly writer is a professional text editor and tool that lets you focus on your writing by providing a distraction-free and user-friendly interface.
- Cloud Backup - It provides you cloud backup system that saves your writings whenever you make any changes.
- Import and Export - You can easily import and export various file formats such as HTML, word file, PDF etc.
- Focus Mode - It highlights the paragraph when you edit your content.
Additionally, it has some other powerful features like,
- Full-screen mode
- Estimated reading time
- Word and character counter
- Responsive design
- Dark mode
- Runs in offline mode
Every day a huge number of posts are published on the internet and if you want to make an impact with your content then you have to embrace these tools to get great results consistently. A really helpful informative content tied with a strong digital marketing strategy will give you a long-lasting success. We hope you find these tools helpful and will include them in your content development and marketing strategy.