Natalie Andersen is an editorial writer for BestWritersCanada.com and enthusiastic blogger. She believes that everyone’s life has to be the result of the choices they make, but a helping hand is always welcomed.
Find out how to easily improve your marketing results by integrating chatbots and your email marketing effots.
Chatbots have been massively taking over the world of internet. Businesses have recognized their potential and now everyone is wondering how they can get the most out of this handy addition.
This digital communication function is effective on its own but if you pair it with other marketing channels such as email marketing, chatbots have massive potential for increasing conversions. If you are interested in how you can use chatbots in your email marketing, pay attention to these tips.
However, before we get to the useful hacks on how to use chatbots, it is crucial that you have a complete understanding of what they are.
What are Chatbots?
Chatbots are software capable of having a conversation with a human, typically for the purpose of helping complete specific tasks or addressing common questions and problems.
Their service can cover multiple things, starting from functional to fun, and it could live in any leading chat product like Facebook Messenger, Slack, Telegram, Text Messages, etc.
One of their main goals is to increase digital customer engagement and improve customer experience.
In order for you to understand the nature of chatbot conversations, it is important that you know that there are two types of chatbots:
- Scripted – whose behavior is determined by rules
- Intelligent – which are built with artificial intelligence techniques
Chatbots are definitely becoming a big part of the business world. Gartner forecasts that by 2020, over 25% of customer interactions will be handled without a human.
Examples of Chatbots
Chatbots can be used in many different industries and areas of business. With bots, the possibilities are endless.
Let’s take a look at a few ways how companies use chatbots:
- Newsbots –they tell the user whenever something interesting happens
- Scheduling bots – they send scripted messages to arrange meetings
- Weather bots – they provide weather information when asked
- Grocery bots – they help the user to pick out and order groceries
- Personal finance bots – they help the user to manage the money more effectively
How to Create a Chatbot?
The time you’ll spend on building a chatbot depends on what you plan to use it for and how complex do you want it to be.
The difference between simple and complex chatbots is:
- Simple chatbots use a preprogrammed database comprised of keywords and corresponding responses to moving a conversation along. This type of chatbot doesn’t use any artificial intelligence. It is simply following a script of sorts, sending the preprogrammed responses when the associated keyword shows up in conversation.
- Complex chatbots use machine learning to better understand different inputs and find the right solution in real time. They are more capable of understanding varied inputs and even accounting for spelling errors and different permutations of the same request. In addition, they provide more natural outputs.
If you plan to build a simple chatbot you can even do it yourself but if you want to take it up a notch and use it for something more complex, then you should definitely hire an expert.
In case you decide to do this on your own, there are several platforms that can help you to create chatbots which don’t require a ton of technical knowledge.
Take the following three platforms as an example:
- Mobile Monkey
Combining Chatbots with Email Marketing
Email is still one of the highest converting marketing channels there is. However, it can be very time consuming to send the same general email manually. That is why some brilliant mind has come up with this amazing combo – chatbots and email marketing.
Some of the many advantages of using chatbots and email together are:
- Customers can share your product on Facebook Messenger
- Having more access to your customers
- Approaching people that use Messenger more than they check their email
- Bringing people back to your site
- Chatbot popup attract the attention of people and get them to enter an email
Now that we have covered some general information on chatbots, we are ready to get to the main point and that is how to combine them with email marketing.
Tip 1 – Driving Customer to Your Email
Email marketing is dependent upon a customer to check the email and open your email willingly.
You can’t expect the chatbot to make the customer read the email but you can use it to attract their attention.
Even though 99% of us check email every day (according to DMA Insight), people tend to have too many emails in their inbox and they can easily skip yours.
Chatbots are a great choice to engage consumers via smartphone popups.
They will help the users to remember the name of your company so they won’t think of your email as one of the many spams they receive. This gets them to expect to hear from you.
“Once you get their attention, it is up to you to dazzle them with a killer subject line and email content. In case you need help, you can always resort to professionals,” suggests Asiya Patton, head of marketing for GetGoodGrade.com.
Tip 2 – Enhancing Customer Service
Exchanging generic emails with the customers can be time-consuming. I bet you had a though “I feel like a robot” come to your mind several times. Well, now you can have an actual robot as your substitute.
A chatbot can become a regular part of your customer service team by providing some basic information.
Use chatbots for sending messages such as:
- Hey (name)! Glad you ordered (the product). I just wanted to let you know that it was shipped out this morning and should be arriving in three to five days. For more details and the tracking number check your email. Have a great day!
- Hey (name)! How is (the product) working out for you? Do you have any questions about it? If you have some time, check your email for a feedback survey – it’s worth 15% off your next purchase!
You can even add a little personalization by adding something like this:
- And it looks like your weather today is great – hope you enjoy it!
You can also include a link to a chatbot support platform, once your customer has purchased a service or a product. This will help them to feel that there is always someone out there who can help them.
There will be no more waiting for office hours to give you a call. Your customer service will be on the patrol 24/7.
Whenever the customers need some general information, the chatbot can be there for them.
You just need to pay attention to how they speak. Maintain linguistic continuity by using the same particular tone in your emails, on your website, and for the chatbot. For some extra help in this department don’t hesitate to use a list research paper writing service and always proofread the intended copy for chatbots with Grammarly.
Tip 3 – Building up a Subscription List
If are thinking about growing your subscription list but you have run out of the ides, the chatbot can be your solution.
Program your bot to collect all the necessary information from the users so that they can receive all the important news from you via email.
Note to the users that you create meaningful content, or provide your users with great deals, and they’ll certainly be interested in submitting their info.
Sarah Scott, an SEO specialist at DesignWizard explains, “This may be one of the easiest strategies to implement the chatbot because you’ll have one simple goal – get new leads to sign up for an email list.”
The conversation can be triggered when a user likes your page on social media such as Facebook. Then the bot can ask for further details like subscriber’s email address, gender preference, areas of interest, preferred frequency, etc.
Some of the messages the bot can send are:
- Thank you for showing interest in our page! Would you like to subscribe email list and be the first one to know about all exclusive news and promotions?
- Which content types would you like to receive: promotions, discount information, company news, helpful articles? Pick as many as you like.
- Please let us know your email address.
- Thanks for sharing the information! You’ll see an email from us as soon as we have something interesting for you. Have a great day!
All of this information will be then transferred to the email database where you can access it and use it for sending marketing emails based on the users’ preferences.
As you can see, this is an extremely easy way to collect valuable information, grow your subscribers, and extend the reach of your email marketing.
Some Final Thoughts:
Email marketing is a powerful way to reach out to your customers and get them interested in your products and so are the chatbots. The above-mentioned tips have shown you how easily and smoothly can you connect the two for the ultimate result.
By using them together you can automate your business on an entirely different level. We all must admit that chatbot technology is here to stay so there is no reason why you shouldn’t combine it with your email marketing efforts and grow a successful business.
Subscribe to weekly updates
You’ll also receive some of our best posts today