Touching the top spots of the search engine results pages can grow your company’s exposure, establish you as an industry expert, and give the kind of ROI you want to see.
The website plays a significant role in business especially to enhance the online presence and support all the digital marketing processes. Merely creating an eye-catching website is not enough to achieve the business goal.
Your website should reach the top position in the search engine results page (SERP’s) only then your brand gets exposed, improve sales, gain reputation, and improve ROI. Studies conducted in the past years have shown that a website should have over 35% of traffic to reach the top position SERPs’.
Likewise, the website owner must face several challenges to maintain the rankings. Do you wonder why your website doesn’t rank even after perfect SEO? There are several aspects that determine your website ranking in the search engine. Take a look at this article to know more detailed information regarding this.
1. Powerful Factors That Decides Your Site’s Rank On Search Engine
Generally, Google makes use of over 200 factors to rank the sites and improve the visibility of it. Here are some of the factors that have a great impact on your website ranking.
Content length is one of the major factors that decide the ranking of your website in SERPs. The optimal word count for an article varies in accordance with the subject. Keep in mind that longer and comprehensive content helps your site to gain more rankings.
Recommended: Content That Ranks: Everything You Need to Know
Owing to the fact the readers prefer to have good solutions for their needs in a clear-cut manner. Since Google decides the ranking based on the audience the lengthy content matters more.
The right position of the keyword is capable of driving more viewers to the website thus increasing the ranks. Google takes into account the title tags to decide the ranking so it is better to position keywords in the title tag. In addition to this, you should search for the strong keywords and include them in the description or H1 tags as it portrays the relevant of content to the users.
Apart from the keyword positioning, keyword frequency has an impact on the website ranking. Keyword frequency is nothing but a number of times a keyword appears in the content. The keyword frequency shows the relevancy of your content to Google.
Usually, the audiences like to go with the visual content than the general ones. It is advisable to optimize the image content with perfect descriptions which makes relevance to the search engine.
Multimedia contents impress the viewers and support them to avail the required information based on their needs. So, Google ranks the website depending on the visual content such as images, videos, infographics and other multimedia components included in the website.
As Google decides the ranking in accordance with the backlink you should add quality links from various sites into your website.
The loading time of your website shows how you are focused on user experience. The speed of page loading is very important for Google to rank your website. Get the support of professional web development services to optimize your page loading time as per the Google standards.
Google website ranking guideline states that webpage with original and fresh content gives more value to the users. Hence it is very crucial to create unique and informative content on your websites.
2. Why Google Ignores Your Site?
Make sure that you have done the search engine optimization for your website. Don’t your website get rankings even after performing all the strategies? There are plenty of reasons and some of them are
- Website is not indexed in Google: If you have made changes to URL or build a new website it takes some time to index on Google. So, you should wait until Google list your website results.
- High Competitive Market: Some keywords included in your content may have more competition. It is better to use popular keywords and not the most common one.
- Website Errors: Certain website errors like 403 and 404 affect your website ranking and it never leaves your page to reach the top positions.
- Spelling and Grammar: If the content published on your website has spelling and grammatical errors it will keep your site away from ranking.
- Over Optimization: Keyword stuffing is the main factor for less ranking on many websites. In fact, the repeated keywords or stuffing is considered as spamming and affects quality.
- Lack of Mobile-Friendly Options: As per the Google guidelines a website must be built mobile-friendly manner. Otherwise, the overall ranking of your website will get affected.
- Links From Suspicious Websites: The backlink from suspicious websites eliminates the indexing on Google thus affecting the rankings.
These are some of the major reasons for the ignorance of your website in the search engine (Google).
3. How Can You Improve Your Site’s Position in Google Search Results?
Have you gone through the above-given problems on your website? If there are any issues you should take measures to solve them. Some of the best ways to index your site on Google are
- Create A Profile In Webmaster Tools
Have you ever used Google Webmaster tools? If the answer is No, it is better to create a profile on Google Webmaster. Then, add a website link to the sitemap in the settings (Optimization > Sitemaps).
- Update Social Profiles Often
Add your website link on various social media platforms such as Facebook, LinkedIn, Google+, Twitter, Instagram and still more for promotional purposes.
- Avail Incoming Links from Influential Sites
The best idea is to write guest blogs for the reputed sites and article directories. You can able to improve reputation and rankings through high-quality offsite content.
- Removal of Spammy Site Link:
You can make use of the tools like Open Site Explorer to detect the suspicious links that are added in your website. When you find out the links contact the respective website owners and ask them to remove those links from your site.
- Update the Website with Effective Content
Content rules the list of SEO techniques as well as ranking strategies. Understand the guidelines of Google about content and make a good plan to create relevant, in-depth, reliable and unique content. This greatly helps to increase the quality of the website thereby leading to better rankings.
Hope that you have understood the reasons for lack of website ranking and proper ways to fix them effectively. It is recommended to learn the common mistakes that lead to low rankings and eliminate them during site creation, promotion and maintenance rather than following all SEO practices.
Else, you can hire the top-notch web development service provider to avoid these issues and rank your website in the high position of search engine results.
Subscribe to weekly updates
You’ll also receive some of our best posts today