Sam Makad is a business consultant. He helps small & medium enterprises to grow their businesses and overall ROI. You can follow Sam on Twitter, Facebook, and Linkedin.
Content is the backbone of your online marketing strategy. Learn the copywriting tips for your website to rank and boost conversions.
Copywriters are the unsung heroes of eCommerce business marketing as they aim to write content that drives sales. This in-demand job is very rewarding and challenging at the same time.
Copywriters are flexible, highly skilled, and willing to take their copywriting career to the next level. If you’re a copywriter or you own a copywriting agency, you can earn more clients and become an industry leader by taking advantage of these marketing strategies below:
1. Create Your Copywriting Niche
While you can provide general copywriting services that cater to all industries, it’s still best to specialize in one area so you can position yourself as an expert.
Check out these tips to help you create your copywriting niche:
- Identify Your Interests: Are you more inclined to produce copy for health and fitness? Or perhaps you prefer copywriting for business-related topics. Consider your experience and current skills to set a niche or specialization.
- Improve Your Copywriting Skills: Make yourself an expert in your preferred niche by honing your skills. Attend webinars and take online courses to increase your knowledge and acquire more advanced skills. You can also look at this site to discover more information on how to effectively write converting copies faster and easier than ever.
2. Kickstart Your Content Marketing Strategy
Content marketing refers to a digital marketing strategy in which you create and share different types of content to attract new leads. Some examples of content include blog posts, infographics, videos, e-books, podcasts, and social media posts.
As a copywriter, you should be an expert at discerning your audience. You must find the right tone for the copy and adapt your work to fit different perspectives, voices, and industries. This way, you can create an effective content strategy. You can kickstart your content marketing strategy by posting informative, interesting, and engaging content on your website to persuade potential clients to avail of your services.
Here are some titles you can start with:
- Copywriting 101: A Helpful Guide
- Things To Consider When Hiring A Copywriter
- 5 Steps To Become A Copywriter
- 10 Tips To Improve Your Copywriting Skills
- How To Start A Copywriting Business
3. Boost Your Social Media Exposure
If there’s one platform where both the business and consumer market meet, it’s social media. This also holds true for potential employers or clients and job candidates, or companies offering various products and services.
The number one social media network as of January 2021 is Facebook, with more than 2.74 billion active users, followed by YouTube (2.2 billion users) and WhatsApp (2 billion users). Given this statistical data, social media is a great place to get noticed. So, if you want to increase your social media visibility to acquire more clients for your copywriting business, you might want to consider the following tips:
- Encourage Commenting And Sharing: Creating your social media profile is not enough. You should also take steps to promote your social media accounts, like LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, to your target audience. Encourage your family and friends on social media to interact with you by leaving comments and sharing your posts.
- Encourage Following: Also, add easy-to-locate social media icons to your copywriting website, as well as social media feeds to the sidebar; tell your site visitors to follow you on Facebook at the end of your blog posts.
- Promote Social Media Via Email Marketing: Promote your copywriting services through your social media accounts by including them in your email marketing. You can do this step by adding social media links to your emails.
- Know What’s Trending: Build a bigger social media presence by piggybacking on social media trends to get your profile to stand out. For example, check the top hashtags on the homepage’s left side in the ‘You’ section of Twitter. Look at what’s going on and create posts highlighting your opinions, suggestions, and insights, so your posts have a higher chance of going viral.
- Skip The Jargon: When writing social media content, skip the jargon. You’re not writing to show how knowledgeable you are about your industry. Use words that real people can easily understand.
4. Apply SEO Marketing
For copywriting agencies, search engine optimization (SEO) marketing is a must. SEO refers to the process of making your web pages easy to find. By implementing SEO, search engines can crawl and categorize your web pages easily so your potential clients can find your copywriting business among various companies engaged on the web.
Copywriters are knowledgeable about making search-engine-optimized content. However, SEO isn’t based on a blog, article, or copy content alone. SEO also involves website names (URLs), meta tags, link characteristics, page design, and page accessibility and usability.
Also, SEO needs regular monitoring and updating, as evaluating important SEO metrics and reporting are needed for sound decision-making. For this reason, it pays off to hire an SEO specialist to ensure all aspects of SEO are tackled.
Check out the following benefits of SEO marketing to your copywriting business:
- Increase Online Traffic And Ranking: SEO marketing is an integral part of your copywriting agency's digital marketing strategy. Implementing SEO marketing is a holistic way of increasing your ranking and driving clients to your copywriting business through online platforms, including social media and search engine results pages (SERPs).
- Boosts Your Inbound Marketing Strategies: SEO marketing boosts other inbound marketing strategies, like content marketing. While outbound marketing involves advertising to an audience without asking for their permission, inbound methods make it easy for your target audience to find your copywriting business when they want information.
- No Need To Pay For Ads: SEO promotes organic rankings based on what search engine algorithms determine as the best results for a given query, thus you don’t need to pay for ads. Once you’ve created a web page that search engines perceive worthy of reading, that web page will continue to attract more prospects to your website for months or years after publishing it. As a copywriter, you know that writing good quality content for SEO may entail an investment, such as hiring an SEO marketing agency. However, the long-term benefits are worth it.
5. List And Claim Your Business
You’ve probably seen a lot of businesses in Google Maps and other online directories, and more often than not, people perceive these businesses as legitimate. This perception also holds true for people who are looking for copywriting services or prospects.
Claiming your copywriting business online will increase its visibility on Google, bringing an added level of exposure, authority, and trust. When Google references your copywriting business, people will find your company easily in Google platforms such as Google Maps. This can result in a better user experience as well as a broader customer base.
6. Broaden Your Connections
Aside from increasing your customer base, broadening your connections would help a lot when it comes to targeted marketing. You can accomplish this goal by attending copywriting events, webinars, and forums. Likewise, you can join social media groups for copywriters to boost your online exposure and professional network, thereby increasing your opportunities to find new clients.
Here are the benefits of broadening your professional and social connections when it comes to your copywriting career:
- Boost Exposure: The more copywriters and other professionals and clients you know, the better.
- Increase Referrals: Increasing your network will also increase your likelihood of being referred to potential clients. For instance, if you know a web designer who has a client looking for a copywriter, your acquaintance can refer you directly to that potential client.
- Makes You An Industry Authority: If you want to make a good name in the industry, it’s high time to be active in professional and social online events and platforms. This increases your credibility and can also promote a good reputation for your services.
7. Implement Offline Marketing Strategies
Like any other business, copywriting requires maximum online exposure. That said, you also need to implement offline marketing strategies to stand out. What are the most effective ways to market your copywriting services through traditional methods? Here are some examples:
- Word-Of-Mouth: Nothing beats personal referrals from your family and friends. They can refer your copywriting services to business owners they know through word-of-mouth advertising.
- Well-Designed Business Card: Hand your well-designed business cards to potential clients such as local businesses and entrepreneurs you meet in corporate events, trade shows, and business meetings.
- Branded Merchandise: If you have a copywriting agency, using branded merchandise with your company logo printed on them is a good idea. Custom uniform t-shirts with your unique logo will also boost your employees’ morale. They can wear these on company photoshoots, which can be posted on your website. Moreover, you can give your clients a token of your appreciation by giving them branded items, like customized tote bags, mugs, notepads, and pens.
As a copywriter, you can promote your services using different marketing strategies, such as social media marketing and content marketing. Apply the recommended marketing tips above to boost your online presence, site traffic, and clients.
SEO marketing—a form of inbound marketing strategy (like blogging, copywriting, and other content creation activities)—helps target good quality traffic for your website. Also, you can promote your copywriting business by listing and claiming it in online directories.
Finally, some offline methods can also increase people’s awareness of your copywriting services while complementing your online marketing methods.
Subscribe to weekly updates
You’ll also receive some of our best posts today