Last week Google rolled out Panda 4.1 algorithm updates after 4 months of launching Panda 4. Many Big sites like eBay were affected by then. Now, Pierre Far announced this latest updated on Google Plus post. This update’s main focus on quality content and give more priority to small and medium business website those have good quality, unique content in place. Some big company affected around 3 to 5% queries on English. Searchmetrics has done the analysis and found top winner and looser after rolling out Panda 4.1 updates. This time again a lot of thin content and aggregator site affected.
If your site is affected and wondering how to recover from Panda 4.1 updates then here is some of recovery tips with example that help you to get better rank and overcome from this hurdle.
Okay, let me tell you, Panda algorithm is all about Onpage entity. Onpage entity includes heading, body content, internal links, testimonial, footer etc. So here, thin content means the landing page that has very less content, un-unique, uninformative, irregular and sometime duplicate content. In short, we can says content is not user friendly or it doesn’t fulfill what user are looking for.
- Focus on writing quality content, if you found any thin content, immediately replace it with new one.
- Write Unique, authentic content.
- Informative, easy to understand and user friendly.
Landing Page Structure
The Landing page is web page that keeps all information related to respective product or services. There should be predefined layout of web pages. If your webpage that doesn’t have all necessary elements than you could be losing ranking on search result or get affected by algorithm.
- Include all necessary elements of a landing page like heading, body content, call to action, testimonial, footer etc.
- Place all elements strategically so maximum people can reach and stay on your site.
Internal linking makes the vital role for any website to rank well in search result. If you placed wrong internal link than you could be targeted by panda 4.1 updates. Internal linking makes strong bounding within website by filling gaps between landing and resource page or other similar web pages.
- Need to optimize anchor text properly
- Add Link to authentic and relevant page only
- Always add link to resource page
Social Media Shares:
As per Moz’s search ranking factor, there’s a strong correlation between a high number of social shares and high search engine rankings. So integrating social media within landing can help site owner to boost traffic. Yes, your site may not affect by Panda 4.1 but your competitor can win if they have integrated it.
- Ensure your site contains social media share buttons and counters, and promote your content across a variety of social media channels.
- Fetch social sharing feed to page as well so the page can get updated on a regular basis.
Third Party Advertisement or Affiliate Marketing
Many website owners placed an affiliate link to earn money from third party referral but if a link is low quality or directed to low quality sites than you could also affect by it.
- Use or allow links from only quality sites
- Link should not be keyword targeted
- Always check broken links and fix if you find anything.
Here is some additional tips that can help you get out of Panda 4.1 updates
- Always check the website and do a website audit on a monthly basis
- Check broken link, fix it as soon as you found it.
- Submit sitemap once you made any changes on the website
- Check website content on certain intervals
- Earn quality backlinks
Let me know if your site affected by latest Google’s Panda 4.1 updates, comment here.
Sawaram Suthar is CMO at Acquire, and also a founder of Jagat Media, a digital marketing agency. A digital marketing consultant, he has experience in things including branding, promotions and page optimization, along with research and strategy. He has an MBA from the University of Pune. Anyone can find him on @sawarams.