Mike Johnston is an experienced writer, blogger, and editor with a background in marketing and creative writing. He’s produced thousands of pages of original, engaging content for numerous online publications throughout his career. Mike’s specialties are business and technology, but he also often covers professional development and work-life balance.
Innovative tech solutions are rapidly changing how every industry in the business world operates today. From the growth of e-commerce to the boom of AI, the tech sector is driving digital transformation at an unprecedented pace.
The process of tech-driven digital transformation strategy has been evolving over the past decade, so the pandemic has only served as an added “nudge” in that same direction.
Suddenly, businesses have found themselves in no position to stall any further. The need to embrace new automation digital transformation solutions, advanced AI-based tools, and web-based selling has become more prevalent than ever, and present in every industry out there.
Even the unlikeliest of sectors, like real estate, the oil and gas industry, and construction are slowly jumping on the bandwagon of digital transformation framework. No matter where your own business belongs, here’s how you can leverage digitally transforming technology to elevate your organization’s success to new heights.
1. Make room for AI in every department
In the world of e-commerce, AI has become the go-to solution for better personalization, smarter forecasting, trend-spotting, and of course, reputation management. Considering its widespread implementation and usefulness, there is no such thing as a business that is too small to benefit from AI or digital transformation services..
In fact, embracing AI in customer support, marketing analytics, campaign management, social media monitoring, and lead generation can help your business skyrocket.
● Current digital transformation trends in AI eliminates human error and bias from every process.
● It’s customizable enough to help serve your customers in a brand-specific voice through chatbots.
● AI’s predictive modeling and digital transformation framework helps your business anticipate market shifts and adapt in time.
● AI is at the very core of automation for every process. Detail-oriented processes like inventory management, personalized product suggestions in real-time, and customer assistance are all handled without any human interference, successfully.
2. Migrate your business to the cloud
Whether your graphic design team needs to get together and exchange ideas in real-time, or your marketers need to choose between Facebook ad content and creating powerful newsletter material – cloud tech saves the day. Be it Google Drive or something more robust for your business needs, people can brainstorm, meet, chat, exchange files, work on shared documents, and do it all remotely.
For more intricate processes, the cloud environment helps your organization launch and run multiple software tools seamlessly and without any delay, so that your web developers and your sales teams can use their tools easily. In every industry, the cloud is taking over traditional infrastructures due to its scalability, agility, and built-in tool availability.
● Elevated cybersecurity
● Built-in collaboration tools and features
● Lower costs of maintenance and operation
● Quick support for your cloud servers
Depending on the scale of your business, you can find cloud management service packages and digital transformation trends that can grant you even more peace of mind in terms of data security, streamlined collaboration, and uptime.
3. Embrace e-commerce as the new norm
Even the industries that are slow to adapt to digital transformation strategy are quickly learning that customers, wholesale or not, want more convenience, speed, and non-stop availability. For instance, in the world of oil and gas, competitiveness depends on quality equipment such as butterfly valves, and companies need immediate access to such equipment and cutting-edge tools. The solution? E-commerce.
Manufacturers and sellers of such heavy-duty equipment have moved online thanks to amazing digital transformation framework and features, as their buyers want the ability to restock their products at a moment’s notice, check online reviews, and obtain replacement parts quickly to maintain their own processes without interruptions.
● Joining an online marketplace puts you in front of much vaster audiences than merely working in your brick-and-mortar form.
● Leveraging e-commerce helps elevate your business reputation through on-site reviews, as it improves word of mouth as well as online recommendations.
● The ROI of setting up an online store is truly impressive no matter your industry or location, since more people buy online nowadays than ever before.
● An online store helps you create an omnichannel experience for your buyers.
4. Team productivity tools to the rescue
Team productivity is a very wide term indeed, as it can mean a variety of different things in the context of digital transformation trends, from project management, finance management, to scheduling and time management.
Digital tools of different complexity have become essential in every one of the listed processes, and many more. Without them, chances are that you’re creating an unproductive, stressful work environment riddled with conflict and issues in communication.
No matter your industry, employee retention and satisfaction remain vital issues that will define your success toward your customers and in your reputation in your industry.
● PM tools – From Asana, Wrike, to Basecamp and the like, there are many multifunctional tools that are easy enough to adapt whether you’re working in construction, manufacturing, or IT.
● Scheduling software – Calendly and similar automatic scheduling calendars help large and small organizations manage their time more effectively and with more business-wide transparency.
● Analytics and reporting – If data is important for your customer-facing processes, it’s even more vital for your internal efficiency. Tracking employee performance, workload distribution, and project success allows you to spot mishaps, prevent them, and help prevent burnout for overworked teams.
● HR management – from onboarding, training, to seeking out qualified talent in your industry, software can help your HR team handle and streamline every process. With a bit of automation and plenty of procedural consistency, it becomes much easier to improve your employer brand authority and your ability to attract and retain top talent.
5. Transform training for your employees
Customer and client-oriented digitally transforming technology has been in the spotlight for a long time. Companies are much more eager to accept novelties in the form of tech when they know they can see an immediate improvement in their business profits or long-term benefits for their customer bonds.
Internally, however, many are still reluctant, even though the digital classroom has been a beloved concept for a number of years. In industries that lead the way in digital transformation strategy, such as the IT sector, online learning has helped many companies train their staff and upgrade their output and service quality as a result.
● Use dedicated learning platforms to train your workers in the latest software relevant to your industry. It will boost their productivity, morale, and they’ll be much less likely to make mistakes in their work.
● Use the cloud to set up your very own training modules. In-house training and mentorship is helping many companies cross-train their staff efficiently while preserving resources.
● Provide opportunities for your workers to attend remote lectures, seminars, and classes, which can further amplify their sense of satisfaction.
● One-on-one online learning is another brilliant way to help your specialized staff obtain the necessary certifications, which helps elevate your own brand’s reputation, and helps improve your service over the long term.
Training, like automation, contributes to reducing instances of human error in your organization. That alone can prove to be very profitable down the line, and it sets the stage for a much more transparent work environment with little to no stress.
6. Use the power of business intelligence
Having an online presence is a great first step toward greater growth and a more agile digital transformation process, but it’s far from enough to enable you to reach your goals. In fact, the more you evolve your digital presence, the more you should rely on data.
However, once again, merely accumulating piles of information is not all that useful for your business. This is where business intelligence tools or digital transformation services can help you make sense of that data.
● Pick a BI tool that will help you compile data from all relevant sources, including your Google Analytics and social media platforms.
● Use data visualization tools to create meaningful reports and presentations for your in-house use, but also when it’s time to impress investors or potential business partners.
● Leverage powerful analytics software to transform raw data into goal-driven, actionable reports that put your business in perspective. These reports will help you achieve your short- and long-term goals.
● Use data to make all your customer-facing strategies more effective. Your marketing campaigns should be based on what you’ve accomplished so far.
● Rely on these reports to make your internal processes more efficient, too. When you spot bottlenecks or patterns of disengagement, you can target those issues in time to avoid problems in future collaborations.
7. Health and safety amplified with digital tools
One of the main concerns most businesses are dealing with in their digital transformation solutions nowadays is increasing health and safety in the workplace. Although some companies limit their use of digital tools, the simple truth is – these tools can be extremely beneficial for your workforce management in terms of enforcing the ever-changing health and safety regulations.
● Leverage digital ID cards for contact tracing in your facilities, especially if you don’t just have an office, but also a warehouse, a manufacturing facility, and the like.
● Digital transformation solutions let you sign-in digitally, helping you identify guests, visitors, as well as employees and track attendance seamlessly.
● Use interactive digital displays wherever you can to minimize face-to-face interactions and provide helpful information to anyone who comes to your business.
● Digital, contactless thermometers as well as cleaning booths can help spot potential symptoms and disinfect visitors who don’t have any health issues.
The rules may change, and social distancing might once again become obsolete, but for as long as your business office is at risk of forced closure due to an outbreak, managing your contacts and employee interactions can be a business-saving endeavor.
Digital transformation services are here to stay. From improving customer satisfaction and engagement, to helping your employees focus on meaningful tasks instead of menial, repetitive work, digital tools can serve a variety of purposes for your business. It boils down to recognizing inefficient patterns and finding tech-driven solutions to resolve them, all the while allowing your team to thrive.
The final tip of the day: digitally transforming technology isn’t meant to stop. Even once you’ve implemented most of the listed solutions, more will have likely already emerged. It’s up to you to recognize their relevance and utilize them to the best of your ability.
Subscribe to weekly updates
You’ll also receive some of our best posts today