Wondering how you can drive more engagement, and earn the trust of your target audience? The solution is working with micro-influencers. These are people who specialize in a certain niche and have anywhere between 1,000 and 100,000 followers. Because micro-influencers have an influence on a highly targeted audience, they can be beneficial for your brand in a number of different ways.
Benefits of Working with Micro-Influencers
- Drive more engagement – People who are interested in the niche in which the influencer specializes means a highly relevant audience for your brand. Sponsored content created by a micro-influencer can help you drive more engagement for your brand. Additionally, a Markerly study found that micro-influencers are much better than mega-influencers at driving engagement.
- Establish trust – Micro-influencers have already won the trust of their audience. They are considered experts in their niche, and are often looked to for advice and recommendations. In fact, Experticity found that 82% of consumers trust recommendations from a micro-influencer. When your target audience hears about your brand or products from a trusted figure like a micro-influencer, you’ll have an easier time winning their trust.
- Drive more conversions – Micro-influencers can help you build interest for your products in your target audience. And a highly engaged, and the relevant audience can result in higher conversions. Some businesses have even experienced an increase in sales of 300% from working with a micro-influencer.
Finding the Right Micro-Influencers
Now that you know the benefits of working with micro-influencers, you’ll want to get started finding them. Here are some ways to look for potential micro-influencers to promote your brand:
- Try to find micro-influencers who are already fans of your brand or products by going through your followers and fans.
- Make the most of the relevant hashtags to find micro-influencers who have previously created content related to your business.
- Conduct influencer research using influencer marketing tools like Markerly and BuzzSumo.
In addition to these tips, there are many other useful insights that can improve your chances of launching a successful marketing campaign with micro-influencers. If you’re interested to learn more, check out the micro-influencer gifographic below.