A business proposal is a document that outlines a proposed solution to a problem or needs that a potential customer has.
It's important for businesses because it allows them to pitch their services or products to potential customers in a structured and formal way.
Business proposal software has become critical because they allow businesses to create and send proposals quickly and easily. They also provide templates and tools that make it easy to put together a professional-looking proposal.
In short, business proposal software has become essential for businesses that want to grow and win new customers.
What is the best proposal software in 2023?
Selecting the right business proposal software can be a daunting task. With so many options available, it can be difficult to determine which software is right for your business. However, by considering your individual needs and demands, you can narrow down the options and find the right software for your proposal process.
1. Better Proposals
Better Proposals is a great proposal software for several reasons.
- It's an end-to-end tool that makes proposal generation simple
- It integrates with multiple platforms helping streamline your apps and workflows
- It's budget-friendly for individuals and small companies with limited needs
- While Better Proposals offers several features that can be helpful for businesses, there are also some potential drawbacks to consider.
- For example, there are no mobile apps now, which means you can't track your proposals' progress or interact with clients on the go. Additionally, some of their key integrations are locked unless you purchase one of their higher-priced plans, which can be frustrating.
- Additionally, their PDF export has been known to have some issues.
- Finally, multiple users can't leverage one account, meaning you'll pay separate monthly fees for each team member.
Overall, Better Proposals is a decent option, but it's important to be aware of the potential downsides before making a decision.
Better Proposals offers a Starter plan for $19, a Premium plan for $29, and an Enterprise plan for $49.
The software is budget-friendly for many businesses, but it also offers limited features for lower-priced plans, which is something to be mindful of.
Pay annually to get 35% off.
WPForms is perfect for businesses that don't want to invest in software for proposals only.
You can use WPForms to build different types of forms and collect information, including signatures. And you can collect payments too.
- Use WPForms for multiple purposes besides proposals like lead generation and contact forms.
- Fully customizable
- Easy to use and intuitive
- Integrates with major payment platforms like Square, PayPal, Stripe, and Authorize.net
- Multiple use cases
- Budget-friendly and can be customized for enterprise needs
- Number of templates available to make proposal forms and other types of forms
- It's not a dedicated proposal builder
- It won't have automation features needed for bulk proposals
WPForms starts at $49.50 for the Basic version
If you need a reliable and user-friendly tool for multiple purposes, then this one's for you.
PandaDoc is a top document automation and proposal software.
- It has a strong reputation for being a robust proposal software
- It has more free templates than other software
- Its drag and drop editor is convenient and easy to use
- It's not fully intuitive; it requires some initial learning curve.
- Training employees can be challenging
- The user experience needs work
- There are repeated speed issues: PandaDoc can be a little slow to load documents.
- It launched Version 2 of the product, and users of Version 1 will find it hard to switch and get used to the new edition.
Despite these cons, PandaDoc is great proposal software you should consider.
You can start using Pandadocs for free to collect payments, use the mobile app, collect eSignatures and upload documents.
It has three other plans: Essentials for $29, Business for $59, and enterprise custom plans.
You can also save 34% if you opt for an annual package.
Proposify is a powerful proposal software that's focused on helping close a sale or deal.
- Great for sales teams and sales-driven businesses
- Lots of educational material focused on sales
- Ideal for anyone starting out and looking for knowledge of sales and an easy-to-use proposal generator
- Onboarding takes a long time
- Mobile signatures are problematic and may not work
- The user interface and experience can be frustrating. A wrong click can start an error loop that wastes time
- Expensive compared to other tools
Team Plan is $49 per user per month. The Business Plan is at $590 a month for a team of ten people.
Qwirl is a user-friendly proposal software that helps sales teams, with a focus on B2B, to close more sales.
- Extremely attractive proposals
- Ideal for B2B brands that want to scale
- Integrates with CRMs
- Useful educational material available
- Customization for their existing designs is limited
- Updates tend to disrupt your existing documentation
- Limited templates
- Lacks some popular integrations
Try a 14-day free trial. Following this, you'll have to invest in the Business or Enterprise plan.
Business plan is $35 a month per user (billed annually), and Enterprise is $59 - also billed annually.
GetAccept calls itself a digital sales room platform. And it enables proposal generation as one of its powerful features.
- It includes a video and live chat option, which makes for a more engaging experience.
- It is great for large-scale B2B sales.
- GetAccept offers a complete 'digital sales room' experience
- You have to use extensions to link to CRMs, which means the integration isn't the best.
- Sending documents includes GetApps name and not yours, which is not good for branding.
- Templates need to be improved
It has a free version with limited features. The Essential version is for $15, the Professional package is $49, and they have custom prices for Enterprise + offerings.
Prospero is a dedicated proposal platform for drafting end-to-end business proposals to close sales.
- Great online support
- Templates make for faster proposal creation
- Attractive proposal templates
- Limited design customization available for fine changes like spacing
- It can be slow
- Limited to proposals and doesn't have contract and agreements templates
Prospero offers the best price for all platforms here for $10 a month. Save 20% by going for the annual package. It also has a 14-day trial.
Use QuoteWerks for making attractive business proposals and quote forms. It's a versatile platform that works for small businesses and global enterprises too.
- It's been around for 25 years, and it's a reliable platform
- Intuitive interface
- Customizable templates
- Integration with vendors
- Some of the interfaces can look old
- There's no free trial
The Standard Edition is at $15. The Professional and Corporate versions are for $21 and $30. Get one month free if you purchase an annual subscription. And you can also get a lifetime license by contacting the business.
Bidsketch is a great tool for selling services.
- Saves time and effort to create attractive proposals
- Great templates
- Integrates with several useful platforms
- You'll need to edit the text a great deal
- Smaller width size. Not great for clients who use large screens
Use the 14-day free trial. The monthly billing is $29 for Solo, $79 for Team, and $149 for Business (larger teams)
10. FastSpring IQ
FastSpring IQ is a proposal software for SaaS companies.
- Ideal for SaaS and subscription-based companies
- Tax payment and compliance are made for you
- Global operations are possible
- Limited branding that makes it apparent it's not your in-house tool
- There's a learning curve to using it
No subscription fee. You pay a flat rate based on the volume of payments.
What you should look for in proposal software
The answer to this question can vary depending on your business and the type of proposal you're looking to create.
However, there are some general features that all proposal software should have if you want to create a high-quality proposal.
Here are some of the most important features to look for:
- Ease of use: The software should be easy to use, even if you're not a tech-savvy person. The user interface should be intuitive, and the software should come with step-by-step instructions or tutorials.
- Templates: The software should come with a variety of templates that you can use to create your proposal. This will save you a lot of time and effort, as you won't have to start from scratch each time you create a proposal.
- Collaboration: The software should allow for collaboration, so you can work on a proposal with other team members. This is especially important if you're working with a client who needs to approve the proposal before it's sent out.
- Analytics: The software should provide some form of analytics, so you can see how your proposals are performing.
- Access control: The software should have access control features, so you can control who has access to your proposals, who can make edits, who can approve a proposal and so one.
- CRM integration: The software should integrate with your CRM software, so you can easily keep track of all your client interactions in one place.
- Customization: The software should allow you to customize the templates to match your brand identity or the specific needs of your customers.
- Document repository and management: The software should have a document repository where you can store all your important proposals and supporting images, documents, and so on. This will make it easy to find the documents you need, when you need them. You should also be able to find an item based on features, filetype, or categorize them for organization purposes.
- Easy digital signature features: A good proposal software will enable digital signatures from various authorized parties without compromising on security.
- Pricing: The software should be reasonably priced, especially if you're on a tight budget. There are some free options available, but they usually have limited features.
- Support: The software should come with customer support in case you run into any problems.
- Security features: Business proposals are highly confidential documents. The software should have security features in place to protect your proposals from unauthorized access like minimum password length, two-factor authentication, and so on.
How to choose the right business proposal software?
First, consider where you have the most trouble in your proposal procedure. Do you spend a lot of time producing complicated proposals that are difficult to create? Or do you struggle to get your proposals approved by decision-makers? Pinpointing problem areas can help you determine which software is ideal for your business.
Next, think about the features needed in proposal software. Do you need a platform that is easy to use, or one that is highly customizable? Are there specific features you require, such as templates or online collaboration tools? By identifying your needs and wants, you can find a proposal software that meets your unique requirements.
Ultimately, the best way to choose the right business proposal software is to try out a few different options. And make sure you get feedback from the people in your business who actually use such software - for example, accountants, in-house lawyers, and others. Their suggestions will be key to saving time, being compliant with the law, and being productive.
By testing different software packages, you can determine which one best suits your specific needs. So don’t hesitate to explore all of your options before making a final decision.
There you have it - 10 of the best proposal software on the market today. Most tools have similar features, but each one excels in some area.
So take some time to think about what's important to you and your business. Then, choose the tool that will help you close more deals and grow your brand.
What is proposal software?
Proposal software which is also called proposal management software, proposal writing software,or automation software is a SAAS product designed to help its users to develop proposals, presentations, and responses to RFPs( Request for proposal). Companies that manage regular and large-scale proposal writing processes are increasingly using proposal management software. Such software enables companies to track various versions effortlessly while automating more repetitive operations.
What are the key features of the best proposal software?
Collaboration. Accessibility Controls. Document Management & Content Repositories. CRM Integration. Alerts & Notifications. Deployment of Proposal Management Software.
What are the benefits of proposal software?
The main benefits of proposal software are centralized management of proposals, presentations and RFP content, streamlined management of RFP response process, Ability to generate standard pitches, proposals and presentations quickly and in a simple way.
In a CRM, is it possible to automatically attach proposals to deals?
Absolutely, yes. Keeping track of your proposals and deals gets a lot simpler when you combine proposal management software with your CRM. The finalized proposal will push through to the opportunity as a PDF after a contract is signed or confirmed as won.
What can you include in a proposal?
Plan of action, about us page, Customer case or review, company video, animation, leaflet, photo gallery.