Khyati Hooda is a serial entrepreneur. She is the co-founder of The Hustle Story (Digital Media Company) and Lume. She also helps entrepreneurs and founders grow their business and increase revenue without wasting money or time. You can connect with her on LinkedIn.
Instagram is an excellent platform to market your products and promote them. In this article, we've compiled latest Instagram stats for you.
Instagram has become one of the most popular social media networks for successful digital marketers to target with Instagram ads. The platform has become so popular that it’s now the fourth most-used social network globally.
If you own an Instagram business, you probably see the value of having a presence there. After all, the platform is a great place to post photos of your products and services, connect with new followers, and showcase your company’s personality. You can also use it for advertising your business and promoting your products to the general public.
However, it cannot be easy to grow your Instagram presence and target the right audience with your ads. We’ll explain why that is, how to solve it, and how to do it right.
What Is Instagram?
It is a free app that allows users to share photos and videos. Photos and videos can be uploaded to the Instagram service and shared with friends and followers. Instagram is also known for its feature called Stories. This feature allows users to share photos and videos in a continuous stream that disappears after 24 hours.
Over 200 million people use Instagram every month, translating to over 700 million users using Instagram every month. The app was introduced in 2010 and quickly shot into popularity. Today, the app is the third most-used social media app globally and the second most-used app on mobile devices.
How Many Users Are on Instagram?
The social network grew from 1 million users in October 2010 to become one of the top four social networks in the world. According to estimates, it grows by 5 percent annually. There are estimated to be 1.386 billion Instagram users worldwide by 2023.
Experts say Instagram registered a significant increase of 36.9 percent in 2020. They attribute this to the coronavirus pandemic, which led many users to sign up for Instagram and share pictures worldwide to keep their loved ones informed about what was happening globally with this public health crisis.
Teenagers and young adults are most likely to use Instagram. Roughly one-third of Americans between 18 and 29 say they have used this app. Additionally, Instagram is especially favored by people with college degrees. Among Americans with this level of education, roughly one-third say they use this app.
So, the best way to market your business on Instagram is by posting high-quality photos and videos that engage your audience and prompt them to click on your link in the description.
Average Time Spent on Instagram
In 2018, Instagram grew into one of the most popular social media platforms, with approximately 700 million active users. Instagram users spend about 40 minutes on the app each day. Considering the facts above, we can conclude that most users spend around 5-6 hours per week on Instagram.
The average time spent on Instagram by all users is 19 minutes. Out of those 19 minutes, ten are spent scrolling through your news feed, nine clicking on photos, and one clicking on videos.
The capability of growing your business via Instagram may seem simple, but Instagram ads require time and effort to succeed. You'll need to create engaging content that gets people interested in your products or services to become followers.
As soon as you have a following, you can start sharing helpful content and promoting your products. You can also join groups or communities on social media and engage with people there.
The Demographics of Instagram
Instagram age demographics are essential to understanding the demographics of Instagram users.
- 13-17 years old: 8.5%
- 18-24 years old: 30.1%
- 25-34 years old: 31.5%
- 35-44 years old: 16.1%
- 45-54 years old: 8%
- 55-64 years old: 3.6%
- 65 years old and up: 2.1%
Young people mainly use the app. Instagram users are primarily between 18 and 34. More specifically, about 63% of them fall in that age range. There are several Instagram poll statistics that you need to know.
Instagram has the best gender balance of any social media platform; we can see that the ratio of male to female users is relatively evenly split, with 50.7% of total male contributors edging out 49.3% of female ones by just a hair (though this isn’t the case for all age categories; for those aged 35 and up, women make up more than half).
These reports can create a targeted audience for your Instagram ads. For example, you can use your target audience's age range, gender, and location to create ads relevant to their interests. These reports will also help you to discover new interests among your followers. You can use these interests when creating blog content and ads to increase the engagement on your profile.
Instagram Ads Statistics You Need to Know
We’ve covered some basic information about Instagram users and their preferences. Now it’s time to learn how to target those users with Instagram ads.
If you’re new to Instagram ads or want to know the stats behind ads performance on the platform, keep reading. We’ll share the Instagram ads statistics you need to know as a marketer.
- With 140 million users, the United States is the top country using Instagram.
- Instagram is used nearly as much by teens (ages 13-17) as Facebook and Snapchat.
- More than 63% of Instagram users access the app daily.
- Approximately 28 minutes are logged on Instagram each day by users.
- More than 200 million Instagram users check out business profiles every day.
- Instagram is still a news source for 14% of people.
- Instagram ads have the potential to reach 849.3 million users.
- Your advertising strategies are directly affected by influencers, but they cost a lot of money.
- Cost-per-click ads are typically between $0.70 and $1.00
- Seeing Instagram ads increases the likelihood that people will take action.
- Five hundred million people used Instagram Stories daily as of January last year.
- Post on Instagram Wednesdays at 11 a.m. and Fridays from 10 a.m. – to 11 a.m.
- There are 2x more comments on Instagram video posts than on image posts.
Hopefully, you now have more insight into the best Instagram marketing statistics to help grow your business. Although it may not be the number one social media platform globally, Instagram has established itself as a powerhouse that should be considered when developing an overall marketing plan.
Stats for Instagram Stories
The Instagram platform is dominated by Instagram stories. This is why Instagram Stories are so popular.
Businesses that want to promote their products and services are beginning to use Instagram Stories as a marketing tool. When you create an Instagram story, you can add a photo, quote, or video of your product. You can add a description to the product photo too.
You can also use Instagram Stories to add a call to action. For example, you can add a button, “Click here to add this product to your shopping cart.” The stories are short and straightforward. They only last 24 hours. You can view all your Instagram Stories by visiting your Instagram feed.
Stats of Watching IG Videos
On Instagram, videos are one of the most popular types of content. You can share videos of your product or service and add call-to-actions. These videos are also concise and easy to read.
Many Instagram account stats can help you choose which Instagram ads to target your audience. One of the most notable Instagram video stats is the number of people who watch IG videos.
According to experts, 83.3% of Instagram users in the US will access IG video content by 2020. That’s a lot of users who might be open to hearing from your company. You can use this data to help decide which ads to target your audience.
Stats on Instagram for Brands
Instagram ads have become an important marketing tool for brands. It has become a place to showcase products and services, engage with followers, and communicate with customers and fans. 79% of Instagram marketers believe it’s an important marketing channel.
With this in mind, let’s look at the Instagram statistics that will help you better grasp the platform and how to use it more effectively. Here are some tips for growing brand performance:
- 98% of US fashion brands are on Instagram. And, 60% of Instagram users discover new products on the platform.
- 79% of brands report seeing an increase in sales, increasing from 68% in 2020. That’s a considerable number, and it shows how important Instagram has become for businesses as a marketing channel.
- Product discovery is a crucial part of marketing on the platform. 81% of consumers are likely to buy a product if they learn about it on Instagram. If your audience can learn about your products through Instagram, they might be more likely to buy from you if they see the products in their daily lives and want them.
- Instagram ads are the most effective for mobile audiences. This makes sense, as most consumers access the internet from their phones. This statistic also shows that Instagram is well-suited for mobile ads.
- The top three best-performing ad types are photos, videos, and live stories. This highlights that you have several options for creatively sharing your products on Instagram.
- Instagram ads with creative images receive twice the click-through rate compared to other ad types. This shows that innovative ideas are crucial to getting more engagement on Instagram.
- Instagram is a great place to share user-generated content. It’s important to note that Instagram is not a replacement for your website. Instead, it’s a complementary tool that allows you to reach a wider audience and engage with your current followers in new ways.
These tips are tried and tested and can help you create a solid connection with your customer base and increase brand awareness. The goal of marketing is to make a meaningful connection with customers, the more your company will achieve brand awareness.
Stats of Using Insta Hashtags by Users
Insta-Hashtags are a specific type of hashtag that can be used with Instagram ads. To get the most out of your campaign, it’s essential to know how effective your ads are and what your audience thinks of them. One way to do this is by looking at the stats of your campaign’s hashtags. So, we've compiled some tips:
- Sources say 23.1% of Instagram posts contain four to ten hashtags. It’s important to remember that hashtags are not just used on Twitter and Facebook anymore. Now, many Instagram users are using their specific hashtags for each post.
- On average, there are 4.75 hashtags per post. This deficient number highlights how effective customized hashtag campaigns are.
- The average post receives two hashtags applied. This is also a low number, showing that users use hashtags to post in a very customized way.
- 27% of Instagram users use at least 5 hashtags for every post. Again, this deficient number shows how effective customized hashtag campaigns are.
You can use hashtags to connect with your target audience and generate engagement with the posts on your Instagram account. You can also use hashtags to drive traffic to your website, blog, or social media account from Instagram.
Engagement on Instagram is Important
You need to have the right engagement for a successful Instagram strategy. By engaging with your followers, you can improve your brand’s reputation, drive traffic to your website, and increase conversions. Furthermore, engaging with followers can help you discover new content and hashtags to post. Here are some suggestions for improving your Instagram engagement:
- Put a call-to-action in your Instagram stories.
- Cross-promote your product across networks.
- Adopt a strategic approach to Instagram marketing.
- Videos should be included.
- You can give sneak peeks and hints.
- Write Witty Captions.
- Encourage Customer & Employee Posts.
- Time Your Posts.
By using these tips, you can surely maintain that Instagram engagement. Engagement can tell you a lot about your audience. Is your target audience clicking on your images? If they're not clicking or selecting them, it could mean that your display ads are not catching their attention and your targeting is off.
Now that you know the most important facts about Instagram Ads statistics, it’s time to start using the platform to reach your target audience and grow your business.
Instagram is a unique social network that caters to an audience that wants to share photos and videos with various people. You can also use it to market your products and promote them to the general public.
It is also an excellent place for sharing user-generated content and promoting your products. If you want to learn how to use Instagram and Instagram ads for business effectively, you should pay close attention to the Instagram statistics highlighted in this article.
Subscribe to weekly updates
You’ll also receive some of our best posts today