Once upon a time, blogs used to be one of the points of interaction over the internet, where a long post with tremendous information would be lovingly read by the people, with loads of patience.
Time changed and then came the era of the addictive Facebook that hooked people to its timeline perpetually.
And now it’s trendy to be on twitter where the expression is presented in 140 characters or less.
Hence, one thing is quite clear that people want to grab more for less. The social media has charged up the online marketing strategy, and the visual contents are just phenomenal. They not only connect instantly to the mass but also have the ability to send a powerful message without banality affecting them.
Wherever you go, whichever social media you use, there is no escape from the bewitching visuals- an overpowering tool that allow the emotions do its job to the perfection. This art of ‘selling and sharing’ has gone beyond the text in this generation.
“Whether it is Starbucks on Instagram, Coca-Cola on Tumblr, or GeneralElectric on Pinterest; the big brands are making continuous efforts to be ‘alive’ in the minds of people, to continuously infuse the brain with their powerful presence and lure people with emotion-embedded visuals, that has a long-lasting influence (until the next one).”
Why Embrace Visual Content Marketing?
The other day I was alone with my 3 years old niece when she started crying profusely and I was too perplexed to do anything but start trying different methods to calm her down; and after trying for few failed methods, something clicked me and there I was sitting with her on the couch playing the baby videos! Ahh, and I thought dealing with kids was so hard.
Kids, youngsters or adult everyone loves the look and feel of a visual. It stimulates the brain faster and forcefully!
Source: the next web
8 Reasons To invest More In Creative Visual Content
- Intensifies Social Media Presence: Only a stronger and effective social media conversation can make you pose affirmatively in the crowd of marketers.
- Effective Story Teller: Tell your story, be a folklorist. Nothing can beat visuals when it comes to voicing about your brand in an active, engaging and effortless manner.
- Offers Stronger User-Engagement: More the captivating images and videos, stronger the temptation to share them gets.
- Elevates your SEO ranking: Compelling Visual contents with strong messages are shared by people more, which can help in uplifting your SEO ranking.
- Breaks the Language Wall: A video, a photo story, GIF, comic strips, or a meme can attract more viewers than a full page ad.
- Creates a strong brand identity: Share photos from the foundation day, or how a day in your organization looks like, share the testimonial video of your employees, or a black and white photo from the past.
- Generate Referrals and Triggers Purchase: It not only creates back-links and forces customer to stay more on your website but prompts purchases. It’s all about profit, isn’t it?
Not convinced yet? Have a look at statistics
Some of stats, you can refer
- 63% of social media is made up of images and videos
- 66%of new posts on social media are visual contents
- 50% users repost the images/videos they come across online
- The content with images gets 94% more views
- Tweets with images get 150% more retweet
- Facebook posts with images get 37% more attention
- 60% consumers make contact with companies whose image appear in local search
- 66% of new posts are in the form of visuals
- 50% of the users share the video/image they came across online
- Images receive 94% more views (source: MDG Advertising )
The 9 different forms of Visual Content
- Intriguing FACEBOOK POSTS
- Emotion Provoking VIDEOS
- Custom made quirky MEMES
- Amusing and humorous COMICS
- Creative & Artistic PHOTOGRAPHS
- Products/Services SCREENSHOTS
- Facts and figures VISUALIZING DATA
- Interesting & OFFBEAT BUSINESS CARDS
- Informative yet entertaining INFOGRAPHICS
How To Create Effective Visual Content Marketing For Your Business
All said and done, now that you know WHY venturing into the world of visual content marketing is essential for your business and how it’s an unprecedented model in conjunction with writing to deliver your message to-the-point.
The visual content is evolving steadily and dominates the social media. With the rise of businesses trying to keep their users engaged with one or other ‘interesting affairs’, there is no doubt that to survive in the ‘novelty hungry world’ one has to make efforts to not only craft a visual that catches the user’s attention but also force them to share it as much as they can.
1. Social Media Profile:
The foremost thing to start with is to create a compelling social media profile and top it up with a branded cover photo Make sure this is what you are, both in virtual and real world. Getting into a chatty avatar would only improve your relation with people. For e.g. the twitter profile of Pizza Hut defines its brand strongly.
2. Tell A Story:
It is always easy to portray a story visually in the form of an image, funny animation or a video than in words. It is the emotion that keeps them engrossed for seconds and that’s what matters.
An exceptional piece of creative work of “text+visual” is a perfect combo.
3. Use Stunning photographs:
It may happen that people may forget what you wrote but usually, they won’t forget what you showed. Select from the beautiful high-quality stock photography available online for free or create your own version, with a powerful message and I am sure it won’t go waste. You may use the online and offline resources to create amazing visual contents such as Canva, BeFunky, Skitch, Pictaculous, Picmonkey, Compfight, photos from HubSpot and powerpoint templates to name a few.
Well, Nothing can be more satisfying for a marketer when a picture speaks for itself and has delivered exactly what was needed.
Also, don’t forget to retouch your photos as the percentage of your sales depends on the quality of your visual content for 75%. The photography plays a very important role in choosing the customer. Therefore, no matter who retouch your photos, you or online professional photo editing services for a couple of dollars, photo editing will make your photos perfect.
4. Create to-the-point Visuals:
Visuals cut off the cliche that is an obstruction between your message and the user. Depending upon the brand, consider an unambiguous and creative visual. The visual should be too powerful to express the message even without a text. Be specific, communicate effectively.
5. Infographics- Colourful presentation of information:
A simple chart with pretty colours and interesting data is what Infographics is all about and that’s the reason it’s no surprise you can see Infographics all over the internet. Infographics is a gripping way to say your message crystal clear to the global audience without overstuffing of the message and bypassing the language barricades. Well, writing about it will be an irony. So check the reasons why you need to them!
6. Right Emotion always connects:
Strike that ‘emotional chord’ with the mass with an artistic visual which has the right message perfectly suiting your brand image. Show only what you want as a brand to reach people’s brain. The “emotional branding” used by Nike has always paid in the form of deep connection that has built trust over the years.
Nike has always been associated with courage evoking sentiments in its wonderful advertisements.
7. Use Interactive landing pages:
Landing pages are often visualised as not a dynamic part of the website, but you can make it distinctive and interactive so that whenever people land on the page, they feel being welcomed personally. This can aide to increase the conversion rate and yes, people always remember a name that is different from the crowd. Check this creative landing page of Bills.com
8. Use Hashtags to optimise the image search:
Hashtags have been quite trendy nowadays with twitter, Facebook, Pinterest and other social media. The use of the hashtag gives you a good reason to be found on google images and drive more traffic to your website. Use the hashtag for the brand, product, service, image and the message. This will give you an edge in the search engine and increase the SEO ranking.You can use short and simple Hashtags so that people remember it easily and can use repeatedly.
9. Focus on user-engagement campaign:
As said before, a great social media profile on various platforms can help you strengthen your brand image- Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram are some of the happening places as far as “user-engagement campaign” is concerned. Create contests, ask for the product reviews, photo sharing; all this while using a particular hashtag.Revitalize the way you communicate, get closer to the customers and see how amazingly they shower the timeline with their personal photos and videos.
10. Be Consistent with your Brand Image:
This is critical as far as your business is concerned. Present the way you want your customers to recognise and remember you. Emotions triggers powerful response and people see you in it. Be wise to go online only with the kind of emotion you strongly feel about- funny, sarcastic, emotional, socially inclined or whatsoever. Be consistent with the ‘brand personality’ you want to create because you neither want to snub your target market nor confuse them.
One of my favourites is the twitter account of Taco Bell and Oldspice. Look at the conversation between these two brands and you will know why they never fail to amuse you. Whoever handles their account deserves a loud applaud.
11. Business Cards, a prominent tool for offline promotion:
This deserves a special mention because while you are trying so hard to get your online visual content marketing high and stylish; business cards that are still very much in use forms an important element of your identity. Amit Dhungal at The Business Printers says, combining online and print is again great way for comprehensive branding. You don’t want your business card to be one of them who travels from table-card holder-dustbin!
Let your business card be fresh. Create something that is remembered, is given a special treatment and stays with your client.
Source: Business Cards
12. Experiment with various social media & visual contents:
Last but not the least, experiment with various media- make presentation and share it on slideshare, get exclusive photo sharing on Instagram (or snapchat), use twitter and Facebook to directly communicate with users, run a brand campaign that keeps people occupied. If you are good at creating images then you have an added benefit otherwise hiring a freelance creative designer is a better idea to start with.
Be Authentic, Be Creative and Make Headlines!