Sawaram Suthar is CMO at Acquire, and also a founder of Jagat Media, a digital marketing agency. A digital marketing consultant, he has experience in things including branding, promotions and page optimization, along with research and strategy. He has an MBA from the University of Pune. Anyone can find him on @sawarams.
Going digital holds a fresh perspective for your business. Not only it opens a world of possibilities but there are high chances of online growth too. The market is welcoming many new entrants with open arms, for they are bringing bright ideas to the table. They are all expected to raise the bar high when it comes to providing effective digital solutions to the clients. It is understood that you boast of an aggressive approach to face the cut-throat competition, go miles ahead by cracking the code right as far as digital marketing skills are concerned. Here’s how you can become a master of the trade:
1. Get addicted to the Internet:
The world is going online. Have you come across a person saying “I don’t understand/use social media platform”? It is possible that the person belongs to an old school of thought. Nowadays, everyone is catching up to the Internet, irrespective of age. Needless to say that online engagement is necessary if you aim to go higher on a digital platform. A well created LinkedIn profile or a professional Twitter account may work wonders in this case. Talking about the start-ups, they are popping up in a large number.
As an entrepreneur, it is crucial that you are well versed with various online tactics to catch a lead, convert into a potential customer, and retain the customer with wonderful services. Here are few points to help you know how digitization impacts your daily marketing tasks, in a good way:
- Engaging with the user online help in building a rapport.
- You will be in touch with the latest trends on the web.
- Internet crawling may lead to wide band presence.
2. Build powerful strategies:
Whatever you promise or deliver to your clients, they remember. Some of them go a way ahead and analyze how the work has been done. There are tactics to woo the customers then there are strategies which help in retaining the clientele. It is a thin line between these two terms that make all the difference. Powerful planning leads to good decision making. Don’t you want your ex-customers to be back in the picture? It calls for a collective effort to develop a plan to bring back the dead clients. The same might not go well with the running clients. Here’s how you can be an expert in that:
- Keep your focus on your goals
- Be clear in your offerings
- Try to build credibility initially rather than increasing sales
- Keep your audience up-to-date with the latest technology advancements.
- Woo your clients through fresh content. It is crucial.
3. Know the audience well:
Don’t you wish to read your clientele in detail, so that you can offer the best of services that you have? Besides, there is always an option to show empathy by putting yourself into their shoes. If they require an idea to transform their halted business area into a cash flow machine, you will be able to give them better insights on SEO, PPC and other marketing tricks, only if you know how to influence the client. This would make them interested in knowing more about you and your business. Let us make you remember some points on your fingertips. Below questions would help you understand your clients better:
- What is your customer’s expectation?
- What’s your customer’s budget?
- Are your services available at the price proposed by the customer?
- Observe if the client is associating with you for a short term business or long term business.
- Give options to your customers to choose from.
4. Prioritizing is the key:
Not everything on the plate is important. If your client is planning for a new PPC campaign and you are to suggest creative inputs for that, you can’t talk about the significance of email marketing, to boost your expertise. Here you need to understand that the end result that the client is expecting is financial growth. Another example can be a situation where the client has given you the complete SEO of his website. How would you carry out this task of optimizing the page? What is more important at the moment: on-site development or off-site development? On the related note, below are a few points to ease out your work stress:
- Analyze what’s more important for your client at the moment.
- If your client has given a deadline, propose a plan, priorities things and proceed accordingly.
- If you are dealing with different clients at a time, arrange them in order of dates.
- Multi-tasking is important but unnecessary workload results in poor performance.
5. Be Innovative:
Haven’t you thought of a unique proposal to sell your product to the client? If you have, a crackling idea is all you need, and the market is all ears to listen to it. You would have come across many mobile phone companies introducing many new models in a period of 6-9 months. This is one way through which you can tap the market, retain the customers, and make you name among top innovators. Here a unique idea speaks for your brand. Once you are good with the digital marketing tactics, you will manage to come up with something new that would woo your audience. With the entry of each start-up comes a fresh idea, a unique approach to capture the market share. While you think of some hit shots, we give you few of our suggestions:
- Propose the launch of a new app. It might define innovation for your client.
- Research and come up with fresh content.
- Any online contest or offer that can catch eyeballs.
- Run a creative campaign to grab the attention of the users.
Being in a digital era gives you a advantage to turn that idea into something big like a business. There is no better opportunity than this to be ranked among the known digital marketing experts who are on demand, and on fingertips of the clients as well. With the help of smart digital marketing techniques, you can build a powerful online presence and pave the way to enter the global arena.
Subscribe to weekly updates
You’ll also receive some of our best posts today