When it comes to learning, YouTube has cemented itself as an effective platform for people who wish to find out information about topics. Whether it is about cars or computers, YouTube has something for everyone. Considering the fact that over 1.8 billion people use YouTube every day, it is not difficult to see why it is referred to as the king of visual content.
So what qualities make YouTube the powerful platform that it really is? In case you are wondering, here are 8 qualities that may convince you to create videos for YouTube to reach your target audience with ease.
When it comes to YouTube, almost anything can be monetized. Unlike other sites where you have to be a major publisher signing deals with sites to earn revenue from your content — that is not a problem with YouTube.
The platform also encourages users to monetize from their copyright, instead of having it removed entirely. Such is the power of videos and their views on YouTube.
2. Videos show in Google Search
Search for your favorite video on Google, chances are the top results will feature YouTube videos. Come to think of it, YouTube alternative rank far behind. You will not come across results featuring videos from platforms like Facebook, or any other platform for that matter. To get videos from other platforms, you will have to be extremely specific.
YouTube is the second largest search engine, which should explain why it is so successful. Users can find what they want, whenever they want it. Since Google is not letting other players get ranked on Google Search, platforms like Facebook are in desperate need of a search feature of their own.
3. Robust Content ID System
To prevent fraudulent copies of videos, YouTube has a Content ID system in place. With it, content creators can manage the content on their site. Any and all content is scanned, after which a Content ID claim is generated for a match.
From here, copyright owners have a number of options to choose from in order to deal with the infringement, which can range from muting or blocking the video or even monetizing as their own.
So far, YouTube is the only platform with such a robust Content ID system, which required extensive time and money to develop. Finding fraudulent posts of your content is an extremely time-consuming and costly process, but YouTube takes care of that for you.
Despite the fact that almost all television networks like ABC, TNT, ESPN, and so on, have made apps of their own, they fail in comparison to YouTube and its offerings.
YouTube videos can be found within seconds. No matter the problem, there is going to be a video on YouTube providing the solution you need to get you out of a fix. If you are just plain bored, YouTube has plenty of content to keep you entertained for hours on end.
5. Visual Content Quality
YouTube is known for its quality — which is one of the main reasons of it being one of the most popular video sharing website! Almost all videos posted on YouTube consist of great visual content, where people clearly understand the message being sent.
Users on YouTube mostly end up getting lost in the vast world within the platform. They start by watching a specific video, only to be driven to new ones due to YouTube’s diversity. There are millions of different channels that focus on different topics, like reaction videos, gaming, vlogging, beauty and more.
This kind of diversity cannot be found elsewhere, not even on television. Keeping this in mind, it also hard not to see why millennials and newer generations are switching to YouTube to entertain themselves while in bed or to procrastinate at work.
YouTube does an extraordinary job of recognizing its creators and their efforts. Content creators who manage to reach certain milestones are awarded Silver, Gold, and a Diamond Play button, for reaching 100,000, 1 million and 10 million subscribers, respectively.
For creators and users, using a platform should be continually fun, and YouTube understands this rather well.
8. Highlights Underrepresented Talent
YouTube has plenty of creative firepowers to give it the edge it needs to stay ahead of the curve. Unlike social media platforms like Facebook, it pays its influencers and gives creators a standalone product to work on.
YouTube is home to aspiring filmmakers who do not have the necessary connections, while Instagram is home to photographers that do not have expensive equipment to work with.
Without highlighting underrepresented talent, a platform would be nothing more than an aggregation platform. This is where YouTube really shines, even though the platform does not revolve around underrepresented talent, but it is designed to help them.
Creativity is a must otherwise any platform would fail. They will not grow enough to attract brands for the investments they need to reach new horizons.
Not all platforms are created equal, but YouTube is ahead of the competition because it makes it simple for users to find what they need without any hassles.
Here, you do not have to be the best at anything, all you need is a unique idea and the determination required to create videos to make money and become popular. Meanwhile, users have all the choice they need without having to worry about what platform they need to opt for their entertainment needs.
Benefits of Starting a Vlog in YouTube
Learn how to start a vlog and reap the benefits of YouTube advertising. Both small businesses and big companies utilize video blogs to promote their products and services. If you’re a freelancer and want to earn extra money, video blogging is a good idea. Once you reach a certain number of subscribers and views, your videos get monetized to start money coming in your pocket.
Check out the following benefits of starting a vlog on YouTube:
- Popularity and Reach: Because YouTube is a very popular video and social media platform, you have direct access to a broad range of audiences all across the globe.
- Pursue Your Passion: If you love video shooting, editing, and even animation, you can pursue your passion in photography, videography, and graphic design by vlogging on YouTube.
- Increased Chance to Become an Influencer: An influencer is someone who has earned a lot of social media followers or fans. Influencers are considered a credible authority because of their expertise and experience. Sharing videos of your stories, career, or anything you love doing through vlogging can help you establish a good reputation, increasing your trust rating among your target audience.
- Shareability: With YouTube vlogging, your content can be shared on various social media platforms because of social network connections. Subscribers can share your videos with their friends and family by simply clicking the share button. They can also download your content and repeatedly watch your educational, informative, and engaging content.
- Different YouTube Video Types: You can create videos as a promotional tool or a tool to educate your customers, such as how-to videos or instructional videos, animation, short ads, and short films. You can also create inspiring videos that aim to spark the social awareness of viewers through videos showing how to stop poverty, hunger, and violence.