The Internet remains undefeated.
While 2019 is almost over, we wanted to give a quick recap of some viral Instagram content and topical posts netizens went crazy over. 2019 saw a swarm of popular hashtags on Instagram.
Here are a few that took the internet on the blaze.
1. Game of Brands #GOT
April 2019 witnessed the last season of the most popular web series “GAME OF THRONES’. Therefore, brands came forward to claim their throne of creativity.
2. Brands dug into ‘JCB Khudayii’ memes
We cannot forget the time when our timeline was flooded with memes on desi Internet's obsession: 'JCB Ki Khudai. Brands were not far behind in grabbing the moment and giving their take on #JCBKiKhudayi
3. Netizens put their best foot forward as soon as Sacred Games Season 2 got premiered
A popular Crime Thriller series #SacredGames2 was on the roll amongst brands. They incorporated the famous dialogues with their brand and it became a viral sensation of 2019.
4. Brands showcase their innovation with Chandrayaan 2 posts
To honor the success of #Chandrayan2 brands utilized the moment to capture the huge achievement in their styles.
5. Nothing can stop brands from posting not even Instagram and other apps outage.
Facebook, Instagram & WhatsApp were down due to maintenance but it did not put a halt on creative minds behind the brands. Soon, Twitter was filled with memes and reactions. #facebookdown & #instagramdown was trending on Twitter.
6. Brands made the most of #SixWordHorrorStory
It all began when American comic book writer Gail Simone invited users to write scary stories using just six words. This trend was taken as an opportunity by brands to showcase their creative side and come out with clutter-breaking captions.
7. The brands went gaga over the launch of I phone 11 pro with their creative spot
Brands don’t leave any pages unturned when it comes to #topicalposts. The same happened when Apple launched its new I-phone pro with three camera features. Soon, it created a buzz all over social media.
8. #PeopleBefore meme trend ruled social media while brands roll out topical spots
The brand came forward in the most innovative way taking a humorous dig on their features.
9. ‘Gonna tell my kids’ definitely meme origin
The most sensational meme where people will tell their kids that the image they have enclosed is of a specific celebrity or historical figure, even though the photo is of someone completely different. The meme that broke records on social media.
10. ‘Duct Tape Banana Trend’ where brands leveraged Moment Marketing trend to their advantage.
The absurd trend caught a lot of attention and soon we saw a flood of memes on this topic.
2019 was a rail of trending memes and creative posts.
If you still wish to send your entries on any of these DM us at Spark Eighteen or use #sparkeighteen and we will feature the best one on our feed.
Author: Aayush Narang