Torrey Tayenaka is the co-founder and CEO at Sparkhouse.He is often asked to contribute expertise in publications like Entrepreneur, Single Grain and Forbes. Sparkhouse is known for transforming video marketing and advertising into real conversations.Rather than hitting the consumer over the head with blatant ads,Sparkhouse creates interesting, entertaining and useful videos that enrich the lives of his clients’ customers. In addition to Sparkhouse, Torrey has also founded the companies Eva Smart Shower, Litehouse & Forge54.
Making video content is like having a cordless power tool in your marketing and communication toolbox—it does a lot of the heavy lifting. Figuring out how to make videos remotely is a brand new challenge for many folks out there. Learn here..
Video content has taken over the digital world with consumers watching hours of online videos every day. YouTube and social media outlets are driven by user-generated video content.
Businesses of all kinds and sizes are taking advantage of the massive viewing audience to create marketing and promotional video content as an effective way to drive users to their websites and increase brand awareness.
Today’s digital marketing landscape allows you to communicate directly to potential customers or future employees. Social media paid advertising enables targeting of your content to specific audience clusters determined by demographic factors such as age, location, income, and purchasing habits.
Company profiles, customer testimonials, product demonstrations, and explainer videos are effective at reaching and engaging large groups of potential customers who are watching a lot of online videos and searching for the products and services you provide.
- 92% of digital marketers feel that video is an essential element of an effective marketing strategy (Hubspot)
- 60% of people prefer watching online videos over television (Google)
- 72% of customers prefer learning about a product through an online video (HubSpotv)
- 92% of mobile users watching a video will share videos they watch with others (Wordstream)
Coronavirus Pandemic Highlights Importance of Video
Stay-at-home orders and social distancing guidelines resulting from the global coronavirus pandemic have left consumers unable to leave their homes, visit stores, or tour companies. Videos are an excellent alternative to transfer those experiences to their computers and mobile devices.
Zoom meetings, Google Hangouts, and Facebook messenger rooms have replaced in-person staff meetings and sales calls as the business world adjusts to a new remote reality. Consumers are getting more comfortable with the technology as they spend significantly more time in front of their screens during the quarantine period.
Among those affected by lockdown orders and COVID-19 risks are professional video production houses. With safety and liability concerns inherent in the personal contact and shared use of equipment necessary, people are forced to fulfill their video production needs remotely, and by themselves.
Tips for DIY Remote Video Production
Advances in technology and accessibility have made it easier than ever for the general public to short edit and post original video content. Keep in mind that in these times, the content and message are more important than the quality of the production.
There are ways to spruce up the look but keeping your customers and employees up to date on the latest news and assuring them that the company is moving in the right direction is what matters most.
The following are some video production tips on how you can produce professional-quality videos remotely.
Imagine going back in time even just a couple of decades ago, handing someone your phone and trying to explain all that it does. The fact is that we live in a magical digital age with incredible technology in the palm of our hands.
The quality and features of today’s cell phones and other mobile devices allow you to produce video with amazing quality unheard of just a few years ago. And with the click of a button, you can instantly distribute it to large groups of people all over the world.
- Smart Phones: Today’s iPhones and Samsung phones are equipped with 4K technology that produces professional quality video images.
- Go Pro/Action Cameras: Now is a great time to pull out the action camera you never used on your last vacation.
- Audio: The sound quality can be greatly improved by simply wearing headphones. Wireless earbuds will streamline your look.
- Lighting: Regular house lights bounced off of white cardboard or wall will sharpen the picture quality. The camera also loves natural sunlight.
Creating animated explainer videos is an effective way to produce video content that can tell your story in an engaging, dynamic way without violating social distancing guidelines. Animators never need to leave the comforts to home to create attention-getting video marketing content. There are many options to produce animated content, whether you do it yourself or hire a third party.
- DIY Animation: If you are creative and skilled enough to produce your own animated content there are several platforms that will save you the cost of hiring an outside animator:
- Low Budget Animators: For those who are on a tight budget and do not possess the artistic chops to create their own animation, you can hire affordable animators through third-party hiring sites such as:
- Professional Animation: Professional animators are among those in the entertainment industry whose actual work is not affected by social distancing guidelines. They create new worlds and use state-of-the art technology and processes to tell your story and promote your business in ways live action could never come close to achieving. 2D, 3D, motion graphics, and other animation elements make your promotional or product videos stand apart from the competition in today’s crowded online market.
You can find some incredibly talented professional animators here:
- 2D - https://clutch.co/agencies/video-production/2d-animation
- 3D https://clutch.co/agencies/video-production/3d-animation
3. Stock Video Footage
Stock footage websites offer vast libraries of video footage that you can use to help tell your story. Sites that offer stock footage relating to any industry within a wide range of prices include:
- Shutter Stock
- Getty Images
- Film Supply
- Video Blocks
Voiceover artists belong to another segment of the population that can easily work remotely. Adding a professional voiceover will help your video stand out and engage the viewer in the content. Some sites that offer voiceover talent services include:
5. Hiring a Professional
Even through these unprecedented times, you always still have the option of hiring a professional video production agency that can handle all areas of your video production remotely. As society adjusts to a new way of living, there are ways video production houses are discovering to continue producing professional original video content.
Using existing footage, photographs and carefully planned single-camera videography, creative production specialists can still produce branding and product videos that perform. If you need an idea of cost then feel free to try this video production cost estimator to determine cost.
Video marketing, social media, and email marketing campaigns can continue with new video content remotely produced by a professional production company. Existing videos can be tweaked and repurposed to create new content without having to shoot and edit an entire production, saving time and money while avoiding COVID-19 risks.
Subscribe to weekly updates
You’ll also receive some of our best posts today