Strictly speaking, videos are a great way for you to market your product and invertedly your business.
But somehow you aren’t able to nail the entire concept of making the perfect product video.
And you have no idea what you’re doing wrong.
But, what if I told you that I can help you with it? Give you all the tips, tricks, and details on how to make those perfect videos?
Intrigued? Well, read on to find out.
What is a product video?
In reality, a video that is created to help your customers understand what your business is all about.
These videos are a great way for you to market your business and be able to demonstrate the benefits of your product.
Why do you need a product video?
To put it simply, there are a lot of reasons as to why you would need a product video. Some of them are mentioned below:
- Increase conversion rate - Stores keep a track of the number of sales that they make based on how many people have purchased the product that was shown in their explainer video.
- Clarify the objective of your product - Explainer/product videos are a great way for you to explain what your product is really about. These videos are a great marketing strategy.
- Generate interest - Videos can pique the interest of viewers. That’s rather simply increased viewers/customers by things to test them out and see if it suits them or not. Which is how they help in generating increased interest in your product.
- Ranks higher on Google search - Google loves videos. Why? That’s because things are rather easier on the viewer to decide if they really want to buy the product that you’re showcasing when the watch videos on it rather than read about it.
It’s always easier to watch a video as it keeps the viewers hooked on to what you’re talking about. But when it comes to reading about a product, your audience could get bored and move on.
- Increases web traffic - This is where the entire concept of going viral comes into play. Having a large viewership in a short time period is what makes things go viral. There is no sure shot formula on”how to go viral,” but there is one known on it - keep it short, simple, intriguing, and as informative as possible.
- Helps your audience retain information - With the way that things have changed in the recent past, it's pretty obvious that people are too lazy and busy to be able to read about things. Which is why videos have generated such hype lately. Your audience is bound to retain the information that you portray in your video rather than what they read online.
These are some of the main reasons as to why product videos need to be added to your marketing strategy. Mentioned below are some more reasons to help you understand.
- Easily shareable Level up pitch
- Grabs the attention of your audience
- Showcases your personality
Recommended: Four Type of Traffic-Generating Video Content
How to make a perfect product video for your business?
Let’s get down to the details, and see how you can make the perfect product video for your business and how this will help you.
It’s pretty simple really, all that you have to do is follow the steps below.
Step 1 - Script, film, edit, repeat
First, you’ve got to make the perfect script that explains your product perfectly. You need to make sure that your script has all the eye-catching and basic elements about your product.
Secondly, begin the filming process. Get the right angles, lighting, shots, stills, and moments that showcase your product for what it really is. It’s okay even if you film something a bit extra as well. Those extra shots may come in handy in the future.
Thirdly, edit your video to fit the one specific product that you’re trying to sell. Incorporate the main elements of the product and see how that turns out.
Remember that extra shots that you took? Take a look at them to see if they fit into the video for your product. If they do, add them. If they don’t keep them aside for later or don’t consider them. That’s on you.v
Make sure to repeat this trend with every product video that you make.
Step 2 - Delegate
In worst case scenarios, you can delegate your videos.
There are many people out there who can make your product video for you, for a price of course.
All you have you is tell them what it is that you want to be covered in your video and let them handle the rest.
Most of them accept payments through PayPal but there are some countries in which you’ll need to use a PayPal alternative in order to pay them.
Step 3 - Make them short
Have you heard of the app Vine? Do you want to know how and why it got famous?
The videos that were posted on Vine were no longer than 6 seconds.
Which is something that gave users the creative push that they needed? And made them the most interesting and hilarious videos out there.
Try and incorporate this concept to the videos that you make, and see how creative you can be.
Fit all the necessary information into a short time frame and get you’re good to go.
Step 4 - Narrow your focus
Warning: don’t have a tunnel vision when you’re making a video. This tends to restrict your thought process and restrict your creativity.
Try and focus on the product, yes. But that doesn’t mean that you only need to get your product into view.
For instance, take a look at Apple ads. They show you all the important features of their product, all while showing how others use it as well.
They’ve managed to tell you about the product and show you other things as well. Which says a lot about their marketing strategy as well.
Step 5 - Introduce the product right
Basically, this is what your sales rely on.
How you explain and introduce your product.
The things that you need to keep in mind while introducing your product are:
- If you’ve covered all the basic information about your product.
- Talk about all the features. Explain the features as much as you can within the stipulated time.
- Capture the essence of your product.
- Showcase your business personality.
- Showcase your product’s personality.
These are the things that you have to keep in mind while introducing your product.
Step 6 - Mind mobile shoppers
Okay, so you know how everyone is almost always on their phones right?
Now, you’ve got to make sure that your product video is as simple and concise as possible.
That’s because, people don’t have a lot of patience when they're using their phones - they get a lot of notifications.
Which is why it is on you to make sure that your video is as interesting as can be to keep them hooked and not bored while watching your video.
Step 7 - Keep your product video on the brand
Honestly, there are two ways to go about this.
Keep things focused on your brand and don’t stray from what you’re trying to show your audience.
Ensure that you end up showing your customers exactly what they want to see and what you want to show them.
Talk about your brand as much as you can.
How your product/offer is better than that of your competitors.
Don’t forget to incorporate all the things that you want to show your customers about your business personality and how you are a good choice for their needs.
These are some of the things that you will need to keep in mind to help you make the perfect product video for your business.
Also, you’ve learned about the importance of video marketing and how it can have an insane amount of benefits to your business.
Do let us know if you want us to write on something else that interests you and don’t forget to share the love (: